News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: E & O  ( 2,870 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
E & O
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
(Mostly for Flannj)

Nice new place in Mt. Prospect from the people who brought you Sunda. Located in Randhurst Village (now an outdoor mall), they feature a rage of foods from Earth and Ocean.  They encourage sharing, so expect your entree to come with a serving spoon.

We had 4 appetizers and 3 entrees.  The sushi rolls were very tasty, the spicy tuna being the best of the three. Popcorn shrimp was also quite good.  The gaucho steak with egg was nothing special, but the prawns over rice and mushrooms were terrific.  Dessert was small crunchy cookies with vanilla and chocolate dipping sauce. Meh. But the mini churros were excellent.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: E & O
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 01, 2013, 09:48:03 AM
(Mostly for Flannj)

Nice new place in Mt. Prospect from the people who brought you Sunda. Located in Randhurst Village (now an outdoor mall), they feature a rage of foods from Earth and Ocean.  They encourage sharing, so expect your entree to come with a serving spoon.

We had 4 appetizers and 3 entrees.  The sushi rolls were very tasty, the spicy tuna being the best of the three. Popcorn shrimp was also quite good.  The gaucho steak with egg was nothing special, but the prawns over rice and mushrooms were terrific.  Dessert was small crunchy cookies with vanilla and chocolate dipping sauce. Meh. But the mini churros were excellent.

I, for one, am shocked that Chuck ate here with a Costco nearby.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:08:08 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 01, 2013, 09:53:18 AM
(Mostly for Flannj)

Thanks Chuck - this place is on the list.
And to Fork's point, how do the churros compare?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »
Quote from: flannj on April 01, 2013, 10:08:08 AM
(Mostly for Flannj)

Not a fan of Costco churros (Little Girl Murton, that's her thing).  These were more like mini donut holes flavored like a churro.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
Errors and Omissions?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 01, 2013, 10:15:40 AM
Quote from: flannj on April 01, 2013, 10:08:08 AM
(Mostly for Flannj)

Not a fan of Costco churros (Little Girl Murton, that's her thing).  These were more like mini donut holes flavored like a churro.

Churros aren't flavored. It's fried choux paste.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!