News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  ( 28,078 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2013-2014 Bulls' Regular-Season Dominance With a Side of Butthurt Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 23, 2013, 10:13:40 AM
/Thread?

Shut er down.

Or just re-read the thread from last season. Same shit.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 23, 2013, 05:19:49 PM
/Thread?

Shut er down.

Too soon to put him alongside Kerry Wood and Gale Sayers on Chicago's Mt. Rushmore of Athletes-who-Shone-Brightly-Early- But-Ultimately-Disappointed-Thanks-To-Injuries?

I really feel bad for the kid.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 24, 2013, 10:30:13 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 23, 2013, 05:19:49 PM
/Thread?

Shut er down.

Too soon to put him alongside Kerry Wood and Gale Sayers on Chicago's Mt. Rushmore of Athletes-who-Shone-Brightly-Early- But-Ultimately-Disappointed-Thanks-To-Injuries?

I really feel bad for the kid.

A Mt. Rushmore of injury plagued disappointments without Mark Prior is not a Mt. Rushmore of injury plagued disappointments.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 08:19:50 AM »
Good news that it's not a torn ACL, but it's hard to think we'll ever see MVP-level Rose again after two pretty major knee surgeries.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 08:19:50 AM
Good news that it's not a torn ACL, but it's hard to think we'll ever see MVP-level Rose again after two pretty major knee surgeries.

So oddly enough my brother works in medical supplies and was at Rose's surgery this morning. Weird.

Anyway I guess there are a lot of variables with the surgery itself. If the meniscus is reparable that's good. 4-6 weeks until it's healed and good as new. If not, they might have to remove it. My brother had his removed. He said it actually makes you quicker but also is detrimental to a long term career.

So anyway it seems to me like most players would miss two months on this thing - of course it's Rose so he'll be out unitl 2016.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 25, 2013, 08:22:26 AM

So oddly enough my brother works in medical supplies and was at Rose's surgery this morning. Weird.

Anyway I guess there are a lot of variables with the surgery itself. If the meniscus is reparable that's good. 4-6 weeks until it's healed and good as new. If not, they might have to remove it. My brother had his removed. He said it actually makes you quicker but also is detrimental to a long term career.

So anyway it seems to me like most players would miss two months on this thing - of course it's Rose so he'll be out unitl 2016.

DWade (I'm a Heat fan now) had it removed and came back fast.  He hates himself now for it.  Saddle up for the pussy talk.  Rose = Cutler. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 08:51:17 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 25, 2013, 08:46:54 AM

DWade (I'm a Heat fan now) had it removed and came back fast.  He hates himself now for it.  Saddle up for the pussy talk.  Rose = Cutler. 

That's right - perfect example.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »

That last sentence is the sort of thing meatballs tend to jump on (as you know), but I think it's completely fair in this instance. Rose has done enough oddball things that make it clear he's not a particularly mentally/emotionally strong guy. I'm not sure how someone like him gets his career back on a Hall of Fame trajectory after two big injuries and playing less than 50 games over three full seasons.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
Also, Marquis Teague is one of the worst NBA players I've ever seen.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »
I am legitimately sad for the Bulls now and I hate that the East now has only two semi-pro teams in it again. I used to really like Tracy McGrady's game before his knees failed him. I wonder if Rose will end up sort of like him: on the end of somebody's bench 5-6 years from now and getting huge ovations when he enters during garbage time. Maybe not. Maybe he'll still be a star, a starter, a rotation player or somebody that a contender will stash on it's bench until the playoffs.

I believe that the window is closed for this Bulls team. The plan for this current roster to hold down the fort until Derrick Rose returns to vault them into contention seems like a fool's errand given the severity of Rose's injuries, the tread left on the tires for those who have been toiling in this system and the fact that even when healthy, Rose alone wasn't nearly good enough to defeat Miami's big three.

Start trading, start tanking and start looking at the deep 2014 draft for the next franchise player, with the hope that a healthy Rose could be a top-notch complimentary piece down the road.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 25, 2013, 09:40:26 AM
I am legitimately sad for the Bulls now and I hate that the East now has only two semi-pro teams in it again. I used to really like Tracy McGrady's game before his knees failed him. I wonder if Rose will end up sort of like him: on the end of somebody's bench 5-6 years from now and getting huge ovations when he enters during garbage time. Maybe not. Maybe he'll still be a star, a starter, a rotation player or somebody that a contender will stash on it's bench until the playoffs.

I believe that the window is closed for this Bulls team. The plan for this current roster to hold down the fort until Derrick Rose returns to vault them into contention seems like a fool's errand given the severity of Rose's injuries, the tread left on the tires for those who have been toiling in this system and the fact that even when healthy, Rose alone wasn't good nearly enough to defeat Miami's big three.

Start trading, start tanking and start looking at the deep 2014 draft for the next franchise player, with the hope that healthy Rose could be a top-notch complimentary piece down the road.

This really sucks. I don't disagree with you. Assuming Derrick is out for the rest of this year.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »
Start trading, start tanking and start looking at the deep 2014 draft for the next franchise player, with the hope that healthy

They won't, of course. Thibs wouldn't stand for it and he's such a good coach that they could squeak into the back end of the playoffs based solely on defense and effort. He's almost a liability to a team that needs a complete and total overhaul.

I can't quite get behind the idea of tanking and trashing everything but I don't have a good reason why. Partially because it's really hard to rebuild in the NBA so I'm not convinced it'll even work. And partially because I can't believe this happened and I'm still processing it. Plus, there are quite a few other teams who are trying to tank for Wiggins and Parker and they're better equipped to suck this year.

But to your point, yes, the Bulls are in NBA Hell.

QuoteRose could be a top-notch complimentary piece

"Great shot, Jabari! Nice work!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 09:54:10 AM
Start trading, start tanking and start looking at the deep 2014 draft for the next franchise player, with the hope that healthy

They won't, of course. Thibs wouldn't stand for it and he's such a good coach that they could squeak into the back end of the playoffs based solely on defense and effort. He's almost a liability to a team that needs a complete and total overhaul.

I can't quite get behind the idea of tanking and trashing everything but I don't have a good reason why. Partially because it's really hard to rebuild in the NBA so I'm not convinced it'll even work. And partially because I can't believe this happened and I'm still processing it. Plus, there are quite a few other teams who are trying to tank for Wiggins and Parker and they're better equipped to suck this year.

The other thought I have is that a Big 3 of LeBron, Wade's corpse and Michael Beasley might not scare any real teams next year. LeBron, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Bennett? Even less so.

That would leave the Pacers as the only threat to the Bulls' chances of foiling the Spurs' quest for a fifth or sixth title in 2015. Let it ride...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 10:06:08 AM »
I can't quite get behind the idea of tanking...

Yeah you can.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »

So much THIS.  

Goddamn Thibs and his stupid work ethic.  

This team totally feels like a 7-seed now.  
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.