News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  ( 28,083 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 25, 2013, 10:06:42 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 09:54:10 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 25, 2013, 09:40:26 AM
Start trading, start tanking and start looking at the deep 2014 draft for the next franchise player, with the hope that healthy

They won't, of course. Thibs wouldn't stand for it and he's such a good coach that they could squeak into the back end of the playoffs based solely on defense and effort. He's almost a liability to a team that needs a complete and total overhaul.

I can't quite get behind the idea of tanking and trashing everything but I don't have a good reason why. Partially because it's really hard to rebuild in the NBA so I'm not convinced it'll even work. And partially because I can't believe this happened and I'm still processing it. Plus, there are quite a few other teams who are trying to tank for Wiggins and Parker and they're better equipped to suck this year.

But to your point, yes, the Bulls are in NBA Hell.

QuoteRose could be a top-notch complimentary piece

"Great shot, Jabari! Nice work!"

So much THIS.  

Goddamn Thibs and his stupid work ethic.  

This team totally feels like a 7-seed now.  

Fire Thibs, hire Dusty Baker as head coach for the rest of the year.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 10:11:10 AM
Start trading, start tanking and start looking at the deep 2014 draft for the next franchise player, with the hope that healthy

They won't, of course. Thibs wouldn't stand for it and he's such a good coach that they could squeak into the back end of the playoffs based solely on defense and effort. He's almost a liability to a team that needs a complete and total overhaul.

I can't quite get behind the idea of tanking and trashing everything but I don't have a good reason why. Partially because it's really hard to rebuild in the NBA so I'm not convinced it'll even work. And partially because I can't believe this happened and I'm still processing it. Plus, there are quite a few other teams who are trying to tank for Wiggins and Parker and they're better equipped to suck this year.

So much THIS.  

Fire Thibs, hire Dusty Baker as head coach for the rest of the year.

Avery Johnson is available if you want the NBA version.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »

So much THIS.  

I feel bad for luol, noah and butler with rose going out. Thibs is going to play them all every minute of every game, no matter what ailments they might have.  And once they really get hurt, they will have zero trade value. Go bulls.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »
It's official: Rose is successfully out for the rest of the year.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 11:18:18 AM »
KD with a good post on the aftermath.

The more I think about it, the more depressing this is. The Bulls have zero financial flexibility and their existing assets are almost impossible to move, except for Deng. Plus, with a deep draft in 2014, other teams aren't willing to trade draft picks.

Basically, I expect the Bulls to do next-to-nothing in response to this. Lots of stuff about how "we like the guys we have" and then muddling to 44 wins and maybe knocking off the Hawks or something in the first round. Unless Nikola Mirotic is actually the next Nowitzki, it's tough to see a path to a good team in the next few years.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 11:18:18 AM

The more I think about it, the more depressing this is. The Bulls have zero financial flexibility and their existing assets are almost impossible to move, except for Deng. Plus, with a deep draft in 2014, other teams aren't willing to trade draft picks.

Basically, I expect the Bulls to do next-to-nothing in response to this. Lots of stuff about how "we like the guys we have" and then muddling to 44 wins and maybe knocking off the Hawks or something in the first round. Unless Nikola Mirotic is actually the next Nowitzki, it's tough to see a path to a good team in the next few years.

I think you meant to say "depressing" instead of "good."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 11:18:18 AM

Tanking is impossible in this shitty conference. The Bulls will make the playoffs. They will try real hard.

No one will get moved.

Rose will be back next year and he'll still be very, very good. They'll be good next year too.

The end.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 25, 2013, 02:30:57 PM
Tanking is impossible in this shitty conference. The Bulls will make the playoffs. They will try real hard.

No one will get moved.

Rose will be back next year and he'll still be very, very good. They'll be good next year too.

The end.

"Very, very good" (and I'm not sure that's a lock) probably isn't enough for the franchise to win a title.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 02:40:53 PM

No one will get moved.

The end.

"Very, very good" (and I'm not sure that's a lock) probably isn't enough for the franchise to win a title.

No and I didn't say they would. Not while LeBron walks this stone.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 25, 2013, 02:52:49 PM

No one will get moved.

The end.

I think what's important is that Eli thinks both the Cubs and Bulls are not worth getting too excited about for the foreseeable future. 

Ep/Gar/Jed/Rose/Paxstink are terrible. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 25, 2013, 03:00:20 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 25, 2013, 02:52:49 PM

No one will get moved.

The end.

I think what's important is that Eli thinks both the Cubs and Bulls are not worth getting too excited about for the foreseeable future. 

Ep/Gar/Jed/Rose/Paxstink are terrible. 

But we get to look forward to the inevitable bloody Cutler contract battle and a messy re-build of the Bears defense so the team can presumably still be battling for the six seed behind Aaron Rodgers, the Seahawks, and the 49ers next year. Great times are waiting. Grab some buds.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 03:12:12 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 03:18:25 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2013, 03:12:12 PM

I legitimately do not think this. 

I'm not expecting the Cubs to win a World Series in the next 2 years, but I'm legitimately interested and still excited about this rebuild. 
Granted, it doesn't make "watching baseball" that fun, but my definition of "following my team" has changed so much with age, technology and family changes that this still works for me. 

For the Bulls - it's a huge bummer and this year sucks, but I'll still get psyched for their hopeful 7-seed and first round playoff matchup and then next year - right back in the saddle. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 25, 2013, 03:18:25 PM

I legitimately do not think this.  

I'm not expecting the Cubs to win a World Series in the next 2 years, but I'm legitimately interested and still excited about this rebuild.  
Granted, it doesn't make "watching baseball" that fun, but my definition of "following my team" has changed so much with age, technology and family changes that this still works for me.  

For the Bulls - it's a huge bummer and this year sucks, but I'll still get psyched for their hopeful 7-seed and first round playoff matchup and then next year - right back in the saddle.  

All of THI, especially the part about being excited for the Bulls' first-round playoff matchup.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 03:34:44 PM »

"only one"? Probably not. But the Cubs' rebuild is unlike anything this team has undergone since at least the days of Dallas Green. To be blase about the team now will deprive you of whatever euphoric high or agonizing low lurks on the horizon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16