News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  ( 28,075 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »
LeBron or Bust 2: Electric Boogaloo
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 08:49:52 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 18, 2014, 06:01:32 PM
Is this still the Bulls thread?

It's from a few days ago, but Woj calls the Bulls one of the two front runners for Carmelo.

The article mentions that the Bulls would need to amnesty Boozer (fine) and trade Taj (that sucks) to make room for Carmelo.

Alternatively, they could try some package of Gibson, Boozer and Butler to go after Kevin Love, who I'd rather have than Carmelo, though that's a fairly steep price.  

Excited to do this all summer again.

Edit: Here's a pretty good rundown of some of the options for the Bulls.

One of the things that sucks is fans so anxious to keep Taj they'd be wiling to miss out on a star like Love or Melo. Taj is good and nice and I like him a lot but he's not either of those guys.

People love the idea of hanging on to their supporting guys when really you need 2-3 all-stars and the rest can be filled in via shrewd moves.

What I'm saying is launch anyone who isn't Noah or Rose to do what you need to do. I'd miss Taj too but it has to be done.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:50 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 19, 2014, 08:49:52 AM

It's from a few days ago, but Woj calls the Bulls one of the two front runners for Carmelo.

The article mentions that the Bulls would need to amnesty Boozer (fine) and trade Taj (that sucks) to make room for Carmelo.

Alternatively, they could try some package of Gibson, Boozer and Butler to go after Kevin Love, who I'd rather have than Carmelo, though that's a fairly steep price.  

One of the things that sucks is fans so anxious to keep Taj they'd be wiling to miss out on a star like Love or Melo. Taj is good and nice and I like him a lot but he's not either of those guys.

People love the idea of hanging on to their supporting guys when really you need 2-3 all-stars and the rest can be filled in via shrewd moves.

What I'm saying is launch anyone who isn't Noah or Rose to do what you need to do. I'd miss Taj too but it has to be done.

Yeah, I'm down with this. When I saw that a Love trade probably needed Taj and Jimmy Butler I was sad for a split second, but quickly came to that same realization.  Noah, Rose and Love/Melo is a hell of a lot stronger than a bunch of supporting guys.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »

Are you saying you wouldn't move Noah for anything?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2014, 11:33:03 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 19, 2014, 11:29:29 AM

Are you saying you wouldn't move Noah for anything?

I'm not saying that. But if you can keep Rose and Noah and get Melo, which seems to be the consensus - we'll do that.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 19, 2014, 09:47:50 AM
Yeah, I'm down with this. When I saw that a Love trade probably needed Taj and Jimmy Butler I was sad for a split second, but quickly came to that same realization.  Noah, Rose and Love/Melo is a hell of a lot stronger than a bunch of supporting guys.

Agreed. It's encouraging that after like a decade of overvaluing their own guys, the Bulls seem to have gotten that you need stars to win in the NBA. I like Taj and Jimmy well enough, but I won't miss them for a second if Melo or Love is coming back in return.