News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,183 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Beer
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:10:03 PM »
As a long-time embiber of Budweiser and Labatt Blue, I was a little skeptical of the new Bud Select given that is low-carb and 99 calories. However, I must admit that it is pretty damn good. The scary part is that it really doesn't fill you up so you'll have to rley on your drunkeness warning system to get yourself to stop.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

forklift

Re: Beer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 01:28:18 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on March 15, 2005, 01:10:03 PM
As a long-time embiber of Budweiser and Labatt Blue, I was a little skeptical of the new Bud Select given that is low-carb and 99 calories. However, I must admit that it is pretty damn good. The scary part is that it really doesn't fill you up so you'll have to rley on your drunkeness warning system to get yourself to stop.

Or keep Carrie Muskrat around...when she starts looking good, it's time to stop...

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 12:47:06 PM »
Quote from: forklift on March 15, 2005, 01:28:18 PM
Quote from: Dave B on March 15, 2005, 01:10:03 PM

Or keep Carrie Muskrat around...when she starts looking good, it's time to stop...

I said this onced, and I'll say it again...

There ain't enough Ice Tea on Long Island
Enough Scotch in Scotland
Enough English Gin in England
Enough Vodka in Russia
Enough Tequila in Mexico
Enough Bud in St. Looie
Enough Miller in Wisconsin
Enough Coke in Colombia

to make the Muskrat look good.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »
Quote from: The Uncouth Sloth on March 22, 2005, 12:47:06 PM

I said this onced, and I'll say it again...

There ain't enough Ice Tea on Long Island
Enough Scotch in Scotland
Enough English Gin in England
Enough Vodka in Russia
Enough Tequila in Mexico
Enough Bud in St. Looie
Enough Miller in Wisconsin
Enough Coke in Colombia

to make the Muskrat look good.

Are there enough plastic surgeons in Hollywood?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 03:56:47 PM »
You can fill up on beer? 

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:00:51 PM »
After six Gunineesnessses, you can fill up. 

I know the cartoon-y English guys tell you not to drink six at once, and it's not because of the alcohol content (six of those is like drinking three Buds), it's because your belly feels like it's full of gruel.  It's my favorite beer, but it'll turn your tummy black.

Yah mo B there!

forklift

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 03:19:09 AM »

Have a nice, tall Dinckel Acker Weiss, it'll make you feel like you drank a loaf of bread...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 01:18:47 PM »
I can drink Guiness all day.  All freakin' day.  I think the most I've ever had in one sitting was a dozen.  I got plenty drunk, but I never once thought "I can't drink another one."

I also took a dump the next day that looked a lot like Gary Coleman.

It's why Guinness is the perfect beer.  Your hangover only lasts until your bowels make a move.

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 01:55:44 PM »
This is a particular pet peeve of mine, and it doesn't end with beer, I guess:

Line extension, the marketing device in which one company offers many, many brands to try to cater to all audiences.

Fer example: A/B, from top to bottom: Michelob, Michelob Light, Michelob Ultra, Michelob Bock, Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Bud Ice, Busch, Busch Light, Natural Light

And, I'm sure I forgot several.

Miller: Lowenbrau, MGD, MGD Light, Lite, Lite Ice, Icehouse, Red Dog, Miller High Life, High Life Light, Meister Brau, Meister Brau Light, and on and on.

Hey, guys, why not pool your resources to make just a few beers, make them as tasty and as efficiently as possible, save ton$ on advertising and marketing expenses...go with a flagship beer, a light beer, a "premuim" beer and a "cost leader". 

so: Michelob, Bud, Bud Light, and Busch.  MGD, Lite, High Life, and Icehouse, since for me it brings back so many fond memories of throwing midgets out of second story windows.

Keep it simple, stupid.

That is all.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 02:10:42 PM »
mmmmm .... beer.

I think those Mexicans can make some good beer.  I'm a fan of Dos Equis (or however they spell it) and Corona.  The English have a winner in Bass.

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
    • moviemantim@hotmail.com
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »
Quote from: MrSpeed on March 23, 2005, 02:10:42 PM
mmmmm .... beer.

I think those Mexicans can make some good beer.  I'm a fan of Dos Equis (or however they spell it)

I'm gonna kill whoever thought it was smart to put lime in beer.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 07:21:50 PM »
I'm not a lime person myself.  Who's scared of a little scurvy?

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 01:06:55 AM »
mmmmm .... beer.

I think those Mexicans can make some good beer.  I'm a fan of Dos Equis (or however they spell it) and Corona.  The English have a winner in Bass.

Corona or Mich light, good stuff.  If anybody ever go to an Indian Restaurant, ask for a beer called Kingfisher.  I thought it was pretty good. 

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 08:12:25 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on March 24, 2005, 01:06:55 AM

If anybody ever go to an Indian Restaurant, ask for a beer called Kingfisher.  I thought it was pretty good. 

A lot of those far eastern beers are excellent.  Cobra (also from India) washes down your curry very nicely, Tiger from Singapore is very drinkable, and a lot of the Japanese stuff is pretty respectable, too.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

forklift

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 05:07:52 PM »
Quote from: Timmy B on March 23, 2005, 04:13:00 PM
mmmmm .... beer.

I think those Mexicans can make some good beer.  I'm a fan of Dos Equis (or however they spell it)

I'm gonna kill whoever thought it was smart to put lime in beer.

I was in Mexico in '87, and the natives made fun of the people who put lime in their beer...