News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,209 )

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 09:00:28 AM »
Quote from: Andy on March 23, 2005, 01:18:47 PM
I can drink Guiness all day.  All freakin' day.

As your witness, I can vouch for that.  It appeared you had a hollow leg at Kitty O'Shea's in January.  I was very impressed.
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 11:38:59 PM »
Back in my college days, I wanted to invent the cheapest, worst-tasting beer of all time.  It'd be called "Binge Beer," naturally.  We'd have zero advertising, except for what it'd say on the bottle.  The many slogans would include:

"If you're still able to drink and drive, you haven't had enough!"
"What do you mean you can still speak coherantly?"
"For the sophisticated alcoholic."
"If you can still distinguish your girlfriend from all the other pieces of ass, you need more!"
"Who cares how we make it?  It's cheap, and it'll get you trashed!"
"If you wind up in a coma, you'll sleep right through the hangover."
"Suddenly, your bitchy girlfriend won't be so annoying."
"It'll make college the best six years of your life!"
"Beer goggles included."
"You'll never have such a fun time getting your stomach pumped."
"We redefine hung-over!"
"Drink two cases,* get a third case for free!"

*in one night

And so on.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

forklift

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2005, 11:41:10 PM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on March 26, 2005, 11:38:59 PM
Back in my college days, I wanted to invent the cheapest, worst-tasting beer of all time.  It'd be called "Binge Beer," naturally.  We'd have zero advertising, except for what it'd say on the bottle.  The many slogans would include:

"If you're still able to drink and drive, you haven't had enough!"
"What do you mean you can still speak coherantly?"
"For the sophisticated alcoholic."
"If you can still distinguish your girlfriend from all the other pieces of ass, you need more!"
"Who cares how we make it?  It's cheap, and it'll get you trashed!"
"If you wind up in a coma, you'll sleep right through the hangover."
"Suddenly, your bitchy girlfriend won't be so annoying."
"It'll make college the best six years of your life!"
"Beer goggles included."
"You'll never have such a fun time getting your stomach pumped."
"We redefine hung-over!"
"Drink two cases,* get a third case for free!"

*in one night

And so on.

Schaefer's slogan used to be "The beer to have when you're having more than one". Translation:"A good cheap drunk"...

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 02:09:32 AM »
My favorite slogan comes from my favorite beer.

"Because life is too short to drink cheap beer."  -- Warsteiner.

Warsteiner's Premium Dunkel tastes like beer wasn't meant to be made any other way.  The Premium Verum is just like any other beer, but the dunkel is in league with the cosmos.  Fate brought us this drink -- no other origin could explain its splendor!

Newcastle and Bass also have quite a rivalry for runners-up, along with the Guinny.  Sam Adams Cream Stout had a pretty distinct taste, but is a bit rich for non-chocolate fanatics.  Leinenkugel's, brewed about 90 minutes away from here in Chippewa Falls, has a good variety of styles including their Creamy Dark.  You probably can now tell my prefered taste in beer, but I do have a limited scope.  Any dark drinkers with some good recommendations?

As far as the domestic piss-fest, I'll take a Coors Original.  Icehouse isn't as sharp, but has the extra 0.5% to make up the difference.  Plus it's classier than all-get-out.  Speaking of classy, I was shocked to see a major omission in this list:

Quote from: The Uncouth Sloth on March 23, 2005, 01:55:44 PM
Fer example: A/B, from top to bottom: Michelob, Michelob Light, Michelob Ultra, Michelob Bock, Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Bud Ice, Busch, Busch Light, Natural Light

Buddy, where's the Natty Ice!  The pinnacle of class, at 5.9% a pop!  Nothing like a warm Natural Ice at 5:45am after 23 previous NatIce's.

And the heavyweights, I just recently tangled with that gnarly Schlitz Bull Ice (8.2%) to no avail.  I've also had Camo (could never find it in Iowa), and now have just discovered the wildcat Jaguar (8.3% + energy drink shit I think?).  I'll tame the cat sometime, but my drink intake is near non-existant anymore -- the Warsteiner I had last night was my first in months.

Also I must add that I do not condone any type of light beer in any sort of way.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 10:13:33 AM »
Quote from: SD on March 27, 2005, 02:09:32 AM

Warsteiner's Premium Dunkel tastes like beer wasn't meant to be made any other way.  The Premium Verum is just like any other beer, but the dunkel is in league with the cosmos.  Fate brought us this drink -- no other origin could explain its splendor!

Newcastle and Bass also have quite a rivalry for runners-up, along with the Guinny.  Sam Adams Cream Stout had a pretty distinct taste, but is a bit rich for non-chocolate fanatics.  Leinenkugel's, brewed about 90 minutes away from here in Chippewa Falls, has a good variety of styles including their Creamy Dark.  You probably can now tell my prefered taste in beer, but I do have a limited scope.  Any dark drinkers with some good recommendations?

As far as the domestic piss-fest, I'll take a Coors Original.  Icehouse isn't as sharp, but has the extra 0.5% to make up the difference.  Plus it's classier than all-get-out.  Speaking of classy, I was shocked to see a major omission in this list:

Fer example: A/B, from top to bottom: Michelob, Michelob Light, Michelob Ultra, Michelob Bock, Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Bud Ice, Busch, Busch Light, Natural Light

Buddy, where's the Natty Ice!  The pinnacle of class, at 5.9% a pop!  Nothing like a warm Natural Ice at 5:45am after 23 previous NatIce's.

And the heavyweights, I just recently tangled with that gnarly Schlitz Bull Ice (8.2%) to no avail.  I've also had Camo (could never find it in Iowa), and now have just discovered the wildcat Jaguar (8.3% + energy drink shit I think?).  I'll tame the cat sometime, but my drink intake is near non-existant anymore -- the Warsteiner I had last night was my first in months.

Also I must add that I do not condone any type of light beer in any sort of way.

Yeah, but who makes the best malt liquor?  Back in college it was 2 bucks for a 40 oz. of OE.  It cures what ails you.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

forklift

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »

A case of Champale, Stone Gon' by Barry White, and a blue light bulb was all you needed...

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 05:52:32 PM »
Quote from: forklift on March 27, 2005, 05:48:01 PM

A case of Champale, Stone Gon' by Barry White, and a blue light bulb was all you needed...

And a cucumber.

Yah mo B there!

forklift

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 06:39:05 PM »
Quote from: KD on March 27, 2005, 05:52:32 PM
Quote from: forklift on March 27, 2005, 05:48:01 PM

And a cucumber.

Rat own, rat own, rat own...

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 10:44:39 AM »
Quote from: CT on March 27, 2005, 10:13:33 AM
Quote from: SD on March 27, 2005, 02:09:32 AM

Yeah, but who makes the best malt liquor? Back in college it was 2 bucks for a 40 oz. of OE. It cures what ails you.

OE is still one of the best, but St. Ides is #1.  OE is a lot easier to find, however.  And it's a steal at only about $2.50 a piece. 

tc

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 11:05:25 PM »
I nominate King Kobra in the malt liquor, high school budget category.

Sam Adams Liightship gets the nod in the "light" category.

Never had a Corona and never will after seeing the empties being refilled in a "community" urinal tub in Rocky Point, Mexico and re-packaged (20 to a case) and re-sold by the locals to fellow spring breakers too lit to notice the difference (not that there is much difference).

forklift

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2005, 08:13:27 PM »

I think Cisco is malt liquor...I only had it once. I swear, it's liquid crack...

lomez

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 02:12:52 PM »
I drank mostly St'ides and Mickey's (at $1.99 a forty). One day though our local liquor sote had a new banner that read "The Eagle has Landed" promoting Eagle malt liquor for $.99 a forty - my god it was horrible.  I haven't seen it since I left college.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »
Bump.

I've never seen this outside of Badgerland, but if you ever find it in Chicago and you're a fan of hoppy pale ales (e.g. Sierra Nevada), pick yourself up a sixer.

[/thread necromancy]

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 03:44:55 AM »
Holy crap - we haven't posted in the "Beer" thread for four years?  What have we been doing with our lives?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 04:46:46 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 23, 2009, 03:44:55 AM
Holy crap - we haven't posted in the "Beer" thread for four years?  What have we been doing with our lives?

I thought Magic Hat #9 was ghastly, if that helps.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!