News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dealt back to the Angels  ( 809 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Dealt back to the Angels
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
Jim Fregosi is dead.

How can we remember him?

- Hawk Harrelson's choice to replace The Genius, finishing last his two full seasons in Chicago.
- The guy who managed a clubhouse that included John Kruk, Darren Daulton, Mitch Williams and Lenny Dykstra.
- An All-Star shortstop with the California Angels.
- The centerpiece of the trade that sent Nolan Ryan to California.

Take your pick. But he's dead, the second all-star shortstop turned White Sox manager to see it all end in Miami.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dealt back to the Angels
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:04 AM »
Bela Fregosi's Dead
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:16:05 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 14, 2014, 01:27:47 PM
Jim Fregosi is dead.

How can we remember him?

- Hawk Harrelson's choice to replace The Genius, finishing last his two full seasons in Chicago.
- The guy who managed a clubhouse that included John Kruk, Darren Daulton, Mitch Williams and Lenny Dykstra.

Take your pick. But he's dead, the second all-star shortstop turned White Sox manager to see it all end in Miami.

Oddly, both managers in the 1979 ALCS died while on, or immediately after having been on, a cruise.

The sea seems to take more former managers than it does Herman Melville characters these days.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:55:30 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 15, 2014, 10:16:05 AM
Quote from: Brownie on February 14, 2014, 01:27:47 PM
Jim Fregosi is dead.

How can we remember him?

Oddly, both managers in the 1979 ALCS died while on, or immediately after having been on, a cruise.

The sea seems to take more former managers than it does Herman Melville characters these days.

David Foster Wallace warned of this nearly 20 years ago.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.