News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread  ( 129,824 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 13, 2014, 10:21:53 AM
Quote from: Fork on March 13, 2014, 09:33:01 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on March 13, 2014, 07:21:35 AM
Quote from: Tonker on March 13, 2014, 05:45:12 AM
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Nike's R&D team better get working on the new Air Baez prototypes.

Olt also drove in a 3rd run with another well-hit ball.

Sploosh.

MIKE OLT! is still racking up the Ks, but he's looking like he might make the roster.

hell yeah I always wanted to relive the Shane Andrews experience.

He's just a placeholder. Either Baez or Bryant will get the long-term lease on 3B.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 13, 2014, 10:37:39 AM
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

MIKE OLT! is still racking up the Ks, but he's looking like he might make the roster.

He's just a placeholder. Either Baez or Bryant will get the long-term lease on 3B.

Unless Bryant moves to the OF and Baez plays second, as many people are projecting.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 13, 2014, 11:19:50 AM
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

Unless Bryant moves to the OF and Baez plays second, as many people are projecting.

That's when JOSH VITNERS makes his glorious return from obscurity and begins hitting those 900 foot homeruns like he did in high school.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

I'd take Shane Andrews the II over Willie Greene II
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 13, 2014, 12:19:57 PM
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

If only Shane Andrews had retired after that game in Tokyo, we'd be talking about him as a Cubs legend.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 13, 2014, 12:53:57 PM
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

If only Shane Andrews had retired after that game in Tokyo, we'd be talking about him as a Cubs legend.

Fuck you, Tonker.  I didn't freeze my ass off in the snowy left field bleachers and watch Andrews tie up the Home Opener with a 3-run dong off of Kerry Ligtenberg and the defending NL champ Braves  (in a game eventually won by JOLIET JEFF REED) to have some Aussie cunt ignore it like it never happened.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

Racist.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 13, 2014, 11:19:50 AM
MY COLT!
JAVY AIRBAEZ!
MY COLT!

Sploosh.

Unless Alcantra plays second, which many are projecting.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 06:24:50 AM »
Is this thread about Baez or the 2014 Cubs?  If the former, then is there a 2014 thread?  I'm too lazy to look or re-read this whole thread to know for sure, but I really just want to say how much I enjoy watching MY COLT bat.  His homerun yesterday came not only an inning after which he had made 2 errors at third (some of the first chances he's had this Spring after DHing and playing 1st, according to DeShaies--who really is outstanding (further digression--Deshaies pointed out how in a latter inning (7th?) yesterday with runners on second and third and 2 out, the schlub shortstop who's not even on the 40-Man stayed upright in going for a ball hit up the middle, because had he been able to pick it, he'd have been in position to throw the batter out, whereas--as Deshaies pointed out--had the shortstop just thrown himself at the ball and knock it down (the more realistic and heady move with a 3+ run lead), he'd have prevented the second runner, the runner on second, from also scoring.  I kind of felt the same thing as it happened, so it was nice to hear Deshaies point that out -- that Olt actually didn't have few, if any, chances in his earlier start(s?) at 3rd this weekend as well as in the early innings of yesterday and he (Deshaies) claimed that Olt had previously enjoyed a reputation as a good defensive third baseman) but Olt was down in the count 1-2 and layed off some not awful pitches to work the count full before blasting one.  I listened to an at-bat of his 8 days earlier (3/15) in the latter innigns of a game-tying situation and he had a 9 pitch at-bat before whiffing (that is to say that Olt has a good eye--BOOM).

Just wanted to say I'm starting to feel a genuine mini-chub over Olt's potential offensive prowess. 

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 07:00:59 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 24, 2014, 06:24:50 AM
Is this thread about Baez or the 2014 Cubs?  If the former, then is there a 2014 thread?  I'm too lazy to look or re-read this whole thread to know for sure, but I really just want to say how much I enjoy watching MY COLT bat.  His homerun yesterday came not only an inning after which he had made 2 errors at third (some of the first chances he's had this Spring after DHing and playing 1st, according to DeShaies--who really is outstanding (further digression--Deshaies pointed out how in a latter inning (7th?) yesterday with runners on second and third and 2 out, the schlub shortstop who's not even on the 40-Man stayed upright in going for a ball hit up the middle, because had he been able to pick it, he'd have been in position to throw the batter out, whereas--as Deshaies pointed out--had the shortstop just thrown himself at the ball and knock it down (the more realistic and heady move with a 3+ run lead), he'd have prevented the second runner, the runner on second, from also scoring.  I kind of felt the same thing as it happened, so it was nice to hear Deshaies point that out -- that Olt actually didn't have few, if any, chances in his earlier start(s?) at 3rd this weekend as well as in the early innings of yesterday and he (Deshaies) claimed that Olt had previously enjoyed a reputation as a good defensive third baseman) but Olt was down in the count 1-2 and layed off some not awful pitches to work the count full before blasting one.  I listened to an at-bat of his 8 days earlier (3/15) in the latter innigns of a game-tying situation and he had a 9 pitch at-bat before whiffing (that is to say that Olt has a good eye--BOOM).

Just wanted to say I'm starting to feel a genuine mini-chub over Olt's potential offensive prowess. 

It's about Baez.  Or more specifically, in the case of my last post, the Cubs no longer needing his services.  His name is right there.  PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 24, 2014, 07:00:59 AM

It's about Baez.  Or more specifically, in the case of my last post, the Cubs no longer needing his services.  His name is right there.  PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION.

Sorry, I didn't read your link because I WATCHED THE GAME YOU STUPID CHIEF.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »

This post is amazing. Someone should read it at your funeral.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2014, 10:17:50 AM

I want to attend it.
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2014, 10:17:50 AM

As long as the open parantheticals are pointed out.