News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread  ( 129,594 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 24, 2014, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2014, 10:17:50 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 24, 2014, 06:24:50 AM
Is this thread about Baez or the 2014 Cubs?  If the former, then is there a 2014 thread?  I'm too lazy to look or re-read this whole thread to know for sure, but I really just want to say how much I enjoy watching MY COLT bat.  His homerun yesterday came not only an inning after which he had made 2 errors at third (some of the first chances he's had this Spring after DHing and playing 1st, according to DeShaies--who really is outstanding (further digression--Deshaies pointed out how in a latter inning (7th?) yesterday with runners on second and third and 2 out, the schlub shortstop who's not even on the 40-Man stayed upright in going for a ball hit up the middle, because had he been able to pick it, he'd have been in position to throw the batter out, whereas--as Deshaies pointed out--had the shortstop just thrown himself at the ball and knock it down (the more realistic and heady move with a 3+ run lead), he'd have prevented the second runner, the runner on second, from also scoring.  I kind of felt the same thing as it happened, so it was nice to hear Deshaies point that out -- that Olt actually didn't have few, if any, chances in his earlier start(s?) at 3rd this weekend as well as in the early innings of yesterday and he (Deshaies) claimed that Olt had previously enjoyed a reputation as a good defensive third baseman) but Olt was down in the count 1-2 and layed off some not awful pitches to work the count full before blasting one.  I listened to an at-bat of his 8 days earlier (3/15) in the latter innigns of a game-tying situation and he had a 9 pitch at-bat before whiffing (that is to say that Olt has a good eye--BOOM).

Just wanted to say I'm starting to feel a genuine mini-chub over Olt's potential offensive prowess. 

This post is amazing. Someone should read it at your funeral.

I want to attend it.

Instead of placing flowers on his casket, everyone will just tap "unfriend" as they silently file past.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 24, 2014, 01:06:20 PM
Is this thread about Baez or the 2014 Cubs?  If the former, then is there a 2014 thread?  I'm too lazy to look or re-read this whole thread to know for sure, but I really just want to say how much I enjoy watching MY COLT bat.  His homerun yesterday came not only an inning after which he had made 2 errors at third (some of the first chances he's had this Spring after DHing and playing 1st, according to DeShaies--who really is outstanding (further digression--Deshaies pointed out how in a latter inning (7th?) yesterday with runners on second and third and 2 out, the schlub shortstop who's not even on the 40-Man stayed upright in going for a ball hit up the middle, because had he been able to pick it, he'd have been in position to throw the batter out, whereas--as Deshaies pointed out--had the shortstop just thrown himself at the ball and knock it down (the more realistic and heady move with a 3+ run lead), he'd have prevented the second runner, the runner on second, from also scoring.  I kind of felt the same thing as it happened, so it was nice to hear Deshaies point that out -- that Olt actually didn't have few, if any, chances in his earlier start(s?) at 3rd this weekend as well as in the early innings of yesterday and he (Deshaies) claimed that Olt had previously enjoyed a reputation as a good defensive third baseman) but Olt was down in the count 1-2 and layed off some not awful pitches to work the count full before blasting one.  I listened to an at-bat of his 8 days earlier (3/15) in the latter innigns of a game-tying situation and he had a 9 pitch at-bat before whiffing (that is to say that Olt has a good eye--BOOM).

Just wanted to say I'm starting to feel a genuine mini-chub over Olt's potential offensive prowess. 

I want to attend it.

Instead of placing flowers on his casket, everyone will just tap "unfriend" as they silently file past.

Passing Pie, Patterson, and Harvey, sitting left-to-right in the front row.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 02:18:32 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 24, 2014, 01:26:00 PM

I want to attend it.

Those three will be paying the fuck attention while we all meander about the place aimlessly.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 24, 2014, 02:18:32 PM

I want to attend it.

Those three will be paying the fuck attention while we all meander about the place aimlessly.

And we will all sing a rousing rendition of "Dnany Oby".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 24, 2014, 04:59:23 AM
DA CUBS DONT NEED DOSE ALMORAH AND AIRBAYEZ GUYS WHEN DEY GOT DAT JUNIOR LAKE AN DAT MY COLT AN DAT LOU EASVALBWIENER MY FRENTS.

QuoteChicago has hit 33 home runs, which ranks among the Major League leaders this spring.

Damn it, Hartig, answer your emails.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 24, 2014, 03:01:59 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 24, 2014, 02:18:32 PM
Is this thread about Baez or the 2014 Cubs?  If the former, then is there a 2014 thread?  I'm too lazy to look or re-read this whole thread to know for sure, but I really just want to say how much I enjoy watching MY COLT bat.  His homerun yesterday came not only an inning after which he had made 2 errors at third (some of the first chances he's had this Spring after DHing and playing 1st, according to DeShaies--who really is outstanding (further digression--Deshaies pointed out how in a latter inning (7th?) yesterday with runners on second and third and 2 out, the schlub shortstop who's not even on the 40-Man stayed upright in going for a ball hit up the middle, because had he been able to pick it, he'd have been in position to throw the batter out, whereas--as Deshaies pointed out--had the shortstop just thrown himself at the ball and knock it down (the more realistic and heady move with a 3+ run lead), he'd have prevented the second runner, the runner on second, from also scoring.  I kind of felt the same thing as it happened, so it was nice to hear Deshaies point that out -- that Olt actually didn't have few, if any, chances in his earlier start(s?) at 3rd this weekend as well as in the early innings of yesterday and he (Deshaies) claimed that Olt had previously enjoyed a reputation as a good defensive third baseman) but Olt was down in the count 1-2 and layed off some not awful pitches to work the count full before blasting one.  I listened to an at-bat of his 8 days earlier (3/15) in the latter innigns of a game-tying situation and he had a 9 pitch at-bat before whiffing (that is to say that Olt has a good eye--BOOM).

I want to attend it.

And we will all sing a rousing rendition of "Dnany Oby".

I'll be asleep somewhere in the back of the room.

Hopefully not mistaken for another Irish stiff.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 08:31:49 PM »
Don't ever change, Huey.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »
Mike Olt sucks

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 09:34:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 25, 2014, 09:22:59 AM
Mike Olt sucks

There goes Slaky, insulating himself from pain by pre-emptively negating a player's potential upside.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 25, 2014, 09:34:35 AM
Mike Olt sucks

There goes Slaky, insulating himself from pain by pre-emptively negating a player's potential upside.

You would too if you were any smart

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 25, 2014, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 25, 2014, 09:34:35 AM
Mike Olt sucks

You would too if you were any smart

Jon Daniels has (I think) some smart, and he disagrees with your scouting report.

Quote"I thought way too short term with the Garza deal," Daniels told the Arizona Republic. "That one's got a chance to haunt us and haunt me."

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 09:52:46 AM »
Olt's 2013 was terrible.  Before that, though, his OPSes were:

2010 Low A .854 (Age 21)
2011 High A .891 (Age 22)
2012 AA .977 (Age 23)

Bearing in mind that there was a clear explanation for his down year, and that the problem has now been fixed, I'd say he's still got the potential to be an extremely solid major league 3B.  Ventura without the glove, maybe, if everything breaks right?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 25, 2014, 09:52:46 AM
Olt's 2013 was terrible.  Before that, though, his OPSes were:

2010 Low A .854 (Age 21)
2011 High A .891 (Age 22)
2012 AA .977 (Age 23)

Bearing in mind that there was a clear explanation for his down year, and that the problem has now been fixed, I'd say he's still got the potential to be an extremely solid major league 3B.  Ventura without the glove, maybe, if everything breaks right?

No

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
Ron Cey?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 10:21:05 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 25, 2014, 10:01:03 AMRon Cey?

Regardless of how Olt turns out, the important thing is that every major league dong he smacks will be served with a hearty side of FYS.