News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,526 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #1185 on: March 07, 2017, 12:15:24 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on March 07, 2017, 11:48:25 AM
Mike Trout got 6/144.5 three years ago. That seems like it's around where Bryant should land.

That contract is actually, crazily enough, regarded as a bargain for the Angels and well below market value for Trout and Boras wouldn't dream of allowing Bryant to sell himself short like that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1186 on: March 07, 2017, 01:25:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 07, 2017, 12:15:24 PM
Mike Trout got 6/144.5 three years ago. That seems like it's around where Bryant should land.

That contract is actually, crazily enough, regarded as a bargain for the Angels and well below market value for Trout and Boras wouldn't dream of allowing Bryant to sell himself short like that.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1187 on: March 08, 2017, 11:53:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 07, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

Yeah, that was also pretty much a record contract and it wasn't even close.  Trout was also a guy coming off 2 10-win seasons.

Maybe it is a good place for Bryant to land, after this year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1188 on: April 28, 2017, 06:19:00 PM »
Bump for clearing the Green Monster.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1189 on: May 02, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
Kris Bryant Still Awesome, Sources Say
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1190 on: May 18, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »
He's better than bad, he's good.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1191 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »
Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1192 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 19, 2017, 11:30:46 AM
Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

Quote from: @markgrotesports
Kris Bryant with a left pinkie strain. X-rays negative. Day to day.

Whew. Now never do that again, Kris. Never get hurt. Live forever.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1193 on: September 21, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »
Kris passes 6 fWAR for the 3rd straight year to begin his career. I'm pretty sure he's 6th or 7th all time in WAR through the first three years of a career but I'm not a B-Ref subscriber so I'm not sure I ran the play index correctly and I cant' tell you the names of who is ahead of him. Anywho, this kid is pretty much already an all-time great and we haven't bumped this thread in two months because we fucking suck and are not worthy of him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1194 on: September 21, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2017, 11:21:02 AM
Kris passes 6 fWAR for the 3rd straight year to begin his career. I'm pretty sure he's 6th or 7th all time in WAR through the first three years of a career but I'm not a B-Ref subscriber so I'm not sure I ran the play index correctly and I cant' tell you the names of who is ahead of him. Anywho, this kid is pretty much already an all-time great and we haven't bumped this thread in two months because we fucking suck and are not worthy of him.

We're just too busy emoting over shitty players

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1195 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:09 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 21, 2017, 11:26:08 AM

Some people fan by ranting at Jason Heyward, others fan by caping up for Milton Bradley. We're all human, I guess.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1196 on: September 21, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2017, 11:28:09 AM

Some people fan by ranting at Jason Heyward, others fan by caping up for Milton Bradley. We're all human, I guess.

That was years ago. I think liberal Yeti has established himself as someone who wouldn't defend MB like Conservative Yeti did

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1197 on: September 21, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 21, 2017, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2017, 11:28:09 AM

That was years ago. I think liberal Yeti has established himself as someone who wouldn't defend MB like Conservative Yeti did

Intrepid Reader: Milton Bradley

Conservative Yeti was Woke and Liberal Yeti was racist?

QuoteBradley, who was traded to the Mariners for Carlos Silva and cash on Dec. 18, was asked if Chicago is a tough place to play for African-Americans.

"Well, I mean unless you go out there and you're Superman -- you're Andre Dawson, you're Ernie Banks, you're in the Hall of Fame -- then it's going to be tough," Bradley said. "People are just the way they are.

"When you get paid a lot of money to play this game, they expect miracles. And when you don't go out there and perform like that, then people don't like it. People don't want to see a guy that's brash and cocky and a little arrogant and kind of does his own thing making a lot of money. They were like, 'He doesn't deserve that.'"

Bradley was asked if race played a role.

"I got the same mail LaTroy [Hawkins] probably got; the same mail Jacque [Jones] got," Bradley said. "Every time I got mail, I handed it to the PR guy and said, 'Here it goes.'

"I was getting so much until I didn't even have to open up the letter to know what it was, I could see from the envelope. I could just tell, you get an envelope, no address on it, no postmark, it's just in your mail. How does that get in your cubby hole? I don't know how that happens."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1198 on: September 21, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »
you assholes still aren't appreciating Kris Bryant.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1199 on: September 21, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »

I don't know how to do "first 3 years of career" on Fangraphs, but if you go by age 23-25 seasons, he's 21st all time.