News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fargo  ( 33,489 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fargo
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2015, 11:21:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 01, 2015, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: flannj on December 01, 2015, 09:25:34 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 01, 2015, 08:34:01 AM
Quote from: flannj on November 30, 2015, 11:49:40 PM
Quote from: CT III on November 30, 2015, 10:41:26 PM
I do not presume to know how the Emmys work, but if Kirsten Dunst didn't win one for tonight's performance, then fuck 'em.

Her performance was beyond spectacular.

I can't pick which stinger to quote for this weeks episode because there are just so many good ones, but I'm going to go with Dodd...

"Don't you do it"

"Don't you do it"

"GODDAMNIT!"

"You gotta stop stabbing him"

"Foots on the other shoe now, huh?"

Goddammit, I just want to go home and watch it again right now.

Just finished re-watching it.

My God, the whole "Concerned citizen" basement dialog.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
I do not presume to know how the Emmys work, but if Kirsten Dunst didn't win one for tonight's performance, then fuck 'em.

I can't pick which stinger to quote for this weeks episode because there are just so many good ones, but I'm going to go with Dodd...

"Don't you do it"

"Don't you do it"

"GODDAMNIT!"

And that line is even better in retrospect, taking the foot stabbing into account.

So my take on Hanzee is that he would have continued with his henchman duties but for those yokels following him out of the bar to taunt him. When that insult was combined with Dodd's taking him for granted yet again, he had tolerated all the bullshit a man could tolerate and decided to go rogue.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2015, 09:42:07 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 01, 2015, 10:53:45 PM
Quote from: CT III on December 01, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
It's weird, I immediately noticed the Sioux Falls hangman puzzle on phone booth, but only now connected it to Ed's near fate at Dodd's hands.

Are you sure it's a near fate?

Meaning what? Ed could still die from his injuries? Dodd's dead, baby. Dodd's dead.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:43 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 02, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
It's weird, I immediately noticed the Sioux Falls hangman puzzle on phone booth, but only now connected it to Ed's near fate at Dodd's hands.

Meaning what? Ed could still die from his injuries? Dodd's dead, baby. Dodd's dead.

I meant Ed's fate in Sioux Falls has yet to occur.
But it was late when I posted that and there may have been house drinkin' involved.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 02, 2015, 09:51:43 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on December 02, 2015, 09:42:07 AM

I meant Ed's fate in Sioux Falls has yet to occur.
But it was late when I posted that and there may have been house drinkin' involved.

Or Ed's still hanging and the rest of the this season is an homage to "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2015, 09:21:09 AM

"Don't you do it"

"Don't you do it"

"GODDAMNIT!"

And that line is even better in retrospect, taking the foot stabbing into account.

So my take on Hanzee is that he would have continued with his henchman duties but for those yokels following him out of the bar to taunt him. When that insult was combined with Dodd's taking him for granted yet again, he had tolerated all the bullshit a man could tolerate and decided to go rogue.

DPD

Yeah, in that bar Hanzee finally had the revelation that no matter how accomplished he is, he's never going to be seen as anything like an equal by these stupid racist fuckwits. When Dodd immediately confirmed this by his lack of gratitude for rescue, he made his decision.

Interesting that at roughly the same time, Mike Milligan was coming to the same conclusion about Kansas City producing pretty much the same result.

MILLIGAN HANZEE TEAM UP

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 02, 2015, 11:04:31 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2015, 09:21:09 AM

"Don't you do it"

"Don't you do it"

"GODDAMNIT!"

DPD

Yeah, in that bar Hanzee finally had the revelation that no matter how accomplished he is, he's never going to be seen as anything like an equal by these stupid racist fuckwits. When Dodd immediately confirmed this by his lack of gratitude for rescue, he made his decision.

Interesting that at roughly the same time, Mike Milligan was coming to the same conclusion about Kansas City producing pretty much the same result.

MILLIGAN HANZEE TEAM UP

I was telling Ali that if you merged Milligan's charming, businesslike contract killer with Hanzee's terrifying calm brutality, you'd basically get Lorne Malvo.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2015, 08:53:29 AM »
"It's just a flying saucer, Ed. We gotta go."

Self-actualized Peggy is great.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2015, 12:05:53 AM »
Damn. I would have rather Mike died than what happened to that poor bastard.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 15, 2015, 12:05:53 AM
Damn. I would have rather Mike died than what happened to that poor bastard.

The look on his face as he processed that he was basically getting what must have felt like (to him) a prison sentence was fucking priceless.

And damn was I relieved to see that Hank made it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2016, 12:37:20 AM »
Finally binge-watched the back half of Season 2 a week ago.

You guys said most of the things, but no one mentioned the appearance of a (presumed) young Mr. Wrench on the ball field in Hanzee's coda...
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 11, 2016, 12:37:20 AM
Finally binge-watched the back half of Season 2 a week ago.

You guys said most of the things, but no one mentioned the appearance of a (presumed) young Mr. Wrench on the ball field in Hanzee's coda...

I'd seen it brought up elsewhere so much that I just assumed it had been posted here.  Also, the other kid was Numbers, right?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2017, 03:23:37 AM »
Hey, season 3 needs to be discussed.

Ewan McGregor is better as Ray Stussy but very good as his brother "The parking lot king of Minnesota".
Favorite character: V. M. Varga by far.
The air conditioner was brutal.
The Peter and the Wolf storyline was BRILLIANT.
The music has been really perfect. I dislike Heart but that was really well done.
Boardwalk Empire fans will not be disappointed.
Nikki Swango is kinda hot.
I'll let the science fiction nerds here discuss the author and books but the movie producer he was approached by had to be Roger Corman, right?
Not exactly Police Chief is awesome.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2017, 01:02:05 AM »
Really? Nobody is watching this season?

I was going to repeat one of the funnier lines but after that ending it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 09:53:55 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 22, 2017, 01:02:05 AM
Really? Nobody is watching this season?

I was going to repeat one of the funnier lines but after that ending it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm watching flannj but still haven't watched last week's episode.

Gloria Burgle can get it.