News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fargo  ( 33,375 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fargo
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2017, 12:56:59 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 22, 2017, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: flannj on May 22, 2017, 01:02:05 AM
Really? Nobody is watching this season?

I was going to repeat one of the funnier lines but after that ending it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm watching flannj but still haven't watched last week's episode.

Gloria Burgle can get it.

Yes she can.
How did you like the Peter and the Wolf theme?

The rest of you morans get with the program.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2017, 06:54:53 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 23, 2017, 12:56:59 AM

I was going to repeat one of the funnier lines but after that ending it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

Yes she can.

I've been watching. Really excited to see Mr. Wrench back tonight.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2017, 10:15:49 AM »

"This guy must really hate Stussys"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »

Yes she can.

Spent the last two days trying to get caught up (nearly there).  Some observations (SPOILERS):

I have seen complaints (mostly in reviews) about the slow burn this season. I'm not sure why. The show has always taken it's time carefully arranging the pieces on the board, only to completely smash it up it the last several episodes.  If that means a side trip to LA that leads to almost nothing or graphically learning that Varga is a bulimic, I'm cool with it, especially because the show has always delivered when its time for the shit to hit the fan (it also helps that they bring in a murder's row of character actors to fill out even the seemingly smallest parts).

Two spin-off shows I would watch:

Burgle and Lopez, P.I.  

Swango and Wrench, P.I.

I think we all knew that DJ Qualls would come to a bad end. I didn't hear it said during the episode but his character's name in the credits is "Golem" which is probably the best possible name for an otherwise nondescript henchman on this show.

I can only hope that when my time comes I will get to drink a tiny glass of sherry in a bowling alley bar with Ray Wise after he gives me a kitten.

What does anybody think of Yuri's fate? Is he dead, or just traumatized and missing?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 17, 2017, 11:34:48 AM

Yes she can.

Spent the last two days trying to get caught up (nearly there).  Some observations (SPOILERS):

I have seen complaints (mostly in reviews) about the slow burn this season. I'm not sure why. The show has always taken it's time carefully arranging the pieces on the board, only to completely smash it up it the last several episodes.  If that means a side trip to LA that leads to almost nothing or graphically learning that Varga is a bulimic, I'm cool with it, especially because the show has always delivered when its time for the shit to hit the fan (it also helps that they bring in a murder's row of character actors to fill out even the seemingly smallest parts).

Two spin-off shows I would watch:

Burgle and Lopez, P.I.  

Swango and Wrench, P.I.

I think we all knew that DJ Qualls would come to a bad end. I didn't hear it said during the episode but his character's name in the credits is "Golem" which is probably the best possible name for an otherwise nondescript henchman on this show.

I can only hope that when my time comes I will get to drink a tiny glass of sherry in a bowling alley bar with Ray Wise after he gives me a kitten.

What does anybody think of Yuri's fate? Is he dead, or just traumatized and missing?

I would eagerly watch both of those spinoffs.

Does the bowling alley really exist?
If it disappears doesn't Yuri?

Damn, only one more episode.
There's a lot of shit to tie up.

Shea Wigham as Chief Moe Dammik is the ultimate lunkhead.
V.M. Varga may be one of the most awesomely foul characters ever put on television.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2017, 08:14:18 AM »
I wouldn't have believed it after watching the first episode of this season, but I was genuinely sad to see Nikki Swango meet her demise. Getting to see Mr. Wrench finish the job in her stead was a nice consolation prize.

Between Burgle's little smirk at the end and the long cut of the hallway, I'm reading that as "Rikers and Snickers" although I suspect (like Mr. Wrench) it's not the last we'll see of Varga.

What a fantastic season of television.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 22, 2017, 08:14:18 AM
I wouldn't have believed it after watching the first episode of this season, but I was genuinely sad to see Nikki Swango meet her demise. Getting to see Mr. Wrench finish the job in her stead was a nice consolation prize.

Between Burgle's little smirk at the end and the long cut of the hallway, I'm reading that as "Rikers and Snickers" although I suspect (like Mr. Wrench) it's not the last we'll see of Varga.

What a fantastic season of television.

Terrific ending.
Burgle and that little smile was a pleasure to watch.
Varga is just so perfectly evil. The idea of eating dried potatoes out of a box was probably more frightening to him and his gluttony / bulimia than anything else they could do to him.
The music during the whole season has been wonderful but finishing with Beethoven's Appassionata was beautiful.

Such a good season.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2018, 08:59:48 AM »
FINALLY got around to watching Season 1.  That was great. Only part that didn't work for me was Gus calling Molly and asking her to stay safe, then going into the cabin to lay in wait for Malvo.

I never want to meet Billy Bob Thornton in real life. Sometimes it feels like he's just playing himself and not acting.

Poor Linda.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2020, 12:17:05 PM »
Season 4 starts sometime. I saw the trailer. Looked pretty good. Chris Rock is in Fargo and gonna be in a Saw movie. Good news for fans of those franchises.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.