Author Topic: John Dies At The End  (Read 12735 times)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • SUCCESSFUL MESSIAH
    • View Profile
    • Hire Jim Essian
John Dies At The End
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »
I'm probably late to the party but I'm about a third of the way through this book having picked it up with precisely zero knowledge of what it was, and what it was about.  As with "The Truman Show", had I heard anything about it before I started it, I probably wouldn't have bothered - but now I've begun I don't seem to be able to stop.

Has anybody else read it?  Please tell me it doesn't fizzle out...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • View Profile
    • Slak's Index
Re: John Dies At The End
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
I'm probably late to the party but I'm about a third of the way through this book having picked it up with precisely zero knowledge of what it was, and what it was about.  As with "The Truman Show", had I heard anything about it before I started it, I probably wouldn't have bothered - but now I've begun I don't seem to be able to stop.

I thought this was a teen movie

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • Why I don't go to St. Louis.
    • View Profile
    • HOCKEENIGHT
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

I thought it was about the Beatles.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • A JD you can get sweaty with and high 5!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »

Wrong thread.  This was a movie.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • Killer of men.
    • View Profile
    • Hockeenight
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 01:06:06 AM »

It can be two things

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • A JD you can get sweaty with and high 5!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 12:49:44 PM »

It can be two things

So, now you want me to read a book?  Nice try, bub.  I did not read books THEN and I do not read books NOW and I will not read books LATER.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »

Literally my first thought.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • Why I don't go to St. Louis.
    • View Profile
    • HOCKEENIGHT
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »

Literally my first thought.

your first thought three years ago?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16