News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kyle SKOwarber Hulking Thread of Sploogepower  ( 71,373 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kyle SKOwarber Hulking Thread of Sploogepower
« Reply #615 on: June 01, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2017, 12:21:45 AM
Quote from: Brownie on May 31, 2017, 09:48:22 PM
Quote from: CT III on May 31, 2017, 09:18:29 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 30, 2017, 01:52:19 PM
The way I see it is you'd demote him to Iowa if you felt he needed to learn something or if he was blocking someone better. Considering Happ is already cooling off and might need to go back himself there's not a ton of organizational depth in the outfield. If you demote Schwarber you're probably playing Bryant every day in left and Javy at 3rd, but Javy largely looks good because Joe picks his spots and his matchups still. When he plays every day he tends to struggle. You're just robbing from Peter to pay Paul.

Shut up Paul, you're a douche.

You send Schwarber to Iowa and SKO's life will be turned on its head. He'll be stopped on his trips to pick up diapers and beer at the Hy-vee for people to request autographs and photographs with WORLD SERIES HERO KYLE SCHWARBER! Groupies will approach him at the Indianola Arby's as he dines with his family and they will ask him why he  didn't call, oblivious that the real Kyle Schwarber is in fact on a 9-game road trip through Omaha, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.

Couple that with the fact that it really is a dumb idea, and it's easy to see why he's against it.

I'm dying

TJ confirmed that there is an Arby's in Indianola. That's dedication to the craft.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #616 on: June 01, 2017, 08:21:55 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 01, 2017, 08:19:41 AM
The way I see it is you'd demote him to Iowa if you felt he needed to learn something or if he was blocking someone better. Considering Happ is already cooling off and might need to go back himself there's not a ton of organizational depth in the outfield. If you demote Schwarber you're probably playing Bryant every day in left and Javy at 3rd, but Javy largely looks good because Joe picks his spots and his matchups still. When he plays every day he tends to struggle. You're just robbing from Peter to pay Paul.

You send Schwarber to Iowa and SKO's life will be turned on its head. He'll be stopped on his trips to pick up diapers and beer at the Hy-vee for people to request autographs and photographs with WORLD SERIES HERO KYLE SCHWARBER! Groupies will approach him at the Indianola Arby's as he dines with his family and they will ask him why he  didn't call, oblivious that the real Kyle Schwarber is in fact on a 9-game road trip through Omaha, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.

Couple that with the fact that it really is a dumb idea, and it's easy to see why he's against it.

I'm dying

TJ confirmed that there is an Arby's in Indianola. That's dedication to the craft.

I just assumed you see Arby's in Iowa with the same frequency that you see Starbucks on the north side.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #617 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:01 AM »

I'm dying

And if you'd spotted me "Indianola" and gave me three guesses to come up with the state, I'm not sure I would've landed on Iowa. Impressive. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #618 on: June 01, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 01, 2017, 08:58:01 AM

I'm dying

And if you'd spotted me "Indianola" and gave me three guesses to come up with the state, I'm not sure I would've landed on Iowa. Impressive. 
I am not as surprised to learn that there is an Arby's in Indianola as I am that there is a place called Indianola.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #619 on: June 01, 2017, 02:27:13 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 01, 2017, 01:29:46 PM

I'm dying

I am not as surprised to learn that there is an Arby's in Indianola as I am that there is a place called Indianola.

Too far south of DesMoines to visit. Ankeny, Urbandale, Johnston and Adair are much more accessible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #620 on: June 01, 2017, 02:30:37 PM »

I'm dying

It's Texarkana's stupid cousin. 

Which is impressive, in and of itself.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #621 on: June 01, 2017, 02:41:22 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 01, 2017, 02:27:13 PM

I'm dying

Too far south of DesMoines to visit. Ankeny, Urbandale, Johnston and Adair are much more accessible.
I'll see your Ankeny, Urbandale, Johnston and Adair, and raise you a Ross, Hercules, Orinda and Pleasanton.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #622 on: June 02, 2017, 02:52:26 PM »

Somebody rang?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 30, 2017, 10:32:04 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 30, 2017, 04:11:59 PM
Well, Yellon just came out in favor of a demotion. Decided he'd had enough of SKO's logic and switched to mine.

Funeral services for Chuck Gitles at Shalom Memorial, 10 AM Thursday.

FYCAL
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #624 on: June 03, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to enjoy watching Schwarber destroy Cardinal pitching for the next 15 years or so.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #625 on: June 22, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
Down to Iowa with our large adult son.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #626 on: June 22, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 22, 2017, 11:29:59 AM

He'll go scatter the ashes of pitchers' souls for a few weeks and come back to win us the goddamn pennant.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #627 on: June 22, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »

So...Chuck was...right?  Shut 'er down, folks.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #628 on: June 22, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 22, 2017, 01:20:47 PM

Big day for Chuck, his long time dream of seeing a beloved Cubs player humbled and sent to the minors achieved.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #629 on: June 22, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »

Quote from: Oleg on June 22, 2017, 01:20:47 PM

I was less right than .171/.295/.378/.673   was wrong.

Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2017, 01:44:25 PM
Big day for Chuck, his long time dream of seeing a beloved Cubs player humbled and sent to the minors achieved.

Just happy for you that your anger can be redirected at me.