News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!  ( 33,418 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
this time ESPN will turn it into a series.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
*searches for 'Like' button*

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
It's going to be an amazing summer for Bulls fans - lots of rumors about getting Lebron, Love and/or Carmelo, only to be used as leverage and end up with Ben Gordon.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Can't wait for

A) Lebron re-signs with Heat at lower pay, takes Melo with him after other dudes restructure
B) Cavs fans, spurned again, burn what's left of Cleveland
C) At forward for the Bulls, from Duke, number five CARLOSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZER

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on June 24, 2014, 09:12:12 AM
It's going to be an amazing summer for Bulls fans - lots of rumors about getting Lebron, Love and/or Carmelo, only to be used as leverage and end up with Ben Gordon.

*searches for Like button*
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2014, 09:32:11 AM
Can't wait for

A) Lebron re-signs with Heat at lower pay, takes Melo with him after other dudes restructure
C) At forward for the Bulls, from Duke, number five CARLOSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZER

Don't forget about the missing piece in the bulls 2015 championship run - aaron affalo.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on June 24, 2014, 09:36:27 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2014, 09:32:11 AM
Can't wait for

Don't forget about the missing piece in the bulls 2015 championship run - aaron affalo.

If that's all they get it'd be a little disappointing, but he's a really good player and would fit well.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on June 24, 2014, 09:32:40 AM

*Opts out of Heat fandom*

Fixed.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 24, 2014, 09:47:50 AM

Fixed.

Well that's why I had my agent put that option year in there. It's a sound business move. Only fans of say, Rudy Geigh, opt into a deal like that.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on June 24, 2014, 09:49:25 AM

Fixed.

Well that's why I had my agent put that option year in there. It's a sound business move. Only fans of say, Rudy Geigh, opt into a deal like that.

Way to derail the fucking thread!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Fixed.

But in all semi-sincerity, what are you going to do if/when LeBron goes elsewhere?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 24, 2014, 10:30:44 AM

Fixed.

But in all semi-sincerity, what are you going to do if/when LeBron goes elsewhere?

What if he comes here? We all hate Lebron... Apex hates the Bulls.... do we band together or just watch hockey?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 24, 2014, 10:30:44 AM

Fixed.

I would root for LeBron's new team. But I would do so much more quietly than I have these past four years. As you guys know I was out on the NBA for several years following the demise of my old Knicks. I was a LeBron "fan" but didn't go full dong chug until he went to Miami and invigorated my interest in the league. Since then I've spent countless hours watching every team on League Pass, pouring over articles about the game, reading books about NBA history (Bill Simmons, Jack McCallum, David Halberstam etc.) and engaging in eleventy bajillion flame wars on the internet. I don't think it matters who LeBron plays for, I'm a fan of his game, not the Heat. I wasn't a fan of the New York Knicks. I was fan of Patrick Ewing. I wasn't a fan of the Celtics. I was a fan of Larry Bird. That's how it is for me. It makes me a target for ridicule and that's fine. The internet is fun. But I'm going to continue rooting for LeBron because I get a lot of joy out of that. I've made some excellent internet friends in the process and learned a ton about the sport. That all works for me.

Believe or not, I will also follow the Heat as I've grown to really like Erik Spoelstra and I hope that he could establish himself as a top flight coach independent of the game's best player. It's possible that after LeBron retires, I would just become a fan of Spoelstra. I glommed onto Jeff Van Gundy and Yao Ming's Rockets just for an ill-fated cup of coffee so I might do that again until the next player arrives who catches my undivided attention.

If you think that's weird, that's fine. You're probably really weird too in your own gross way.