News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  ( 41,838 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Better Call Saul
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »
I can't wait. Please don't suck.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:23:57 AM »
Mike is coming back. That alone should make this stupendous.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »
DPD.

The Better Call Saul song.
Performed by... God Junior Fucking Brown.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
Thumbs-up for "Uno."

I'll post more after watching the second episode tonight. This has potential to be a good show with lots of Bob Odenkirk being fantastic and I'm all good with that.

Anybody else see it or were you watching the Grammys like soulless shitbag?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 09, 2015, 12:31:42 PM
Thumbs-up for "Uno."

I'll post more after watching the second episode tonight. This has potential to be a good show with lots of Bob Odenkirk being fantastic and I'm all good with that.

Anybody else see it or were to watching the Grammys like soulless shitbag?

Fuck the Grammy's. I was all-in. When they first mentioned a spin-off, it sounded funny but ridiculous.... VERY early returns say the ridiculous part is probably wrong.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
Very curious to see where they go.  BB had a set goal: Make Mr. Chips into Scarface. So, what's this? Take schmuck from Cicero and make him Omaha Cinnebon manager by way of Albuquerque Law?  Clearly there's more to it. Gilligan has piles of earned credit. I'm in.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 09, 2015, 01:26:57 PM
Very curious to see where they go.  BB had a set goal: Make Mr. Chips into Scarface. So, what's this? Take schmuck from Cicero and make him Omaha Cinnebon manager by way of Albuquerque Law?  Clearly there's more to it. Gilligan has piles of earned credit. I'm in.

The point may be just to make us laugh for an hour a week. And I'd be fine with that too.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »
I really enjoyed the 1st. episode, funny and pulls you in. The build to the last scene was awesome. I can't wait for tonights follow up.

"Tight! Tight! Tight! Yeah!"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »

Now I gotta wait until next Monday? Crap.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 09, 2015, 01:31:13 PM

The point may be just to make us laugh for an hour a week. And I'd be fine with that too.

Maybe. And I'd also be fine with that. That was my first take when I heard about the show: 30 minute sitcom.  This feels like there's something more.

Regardless, I'm in.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 02:15:17 PM »
Uno is a promising start.  Loved the little hints toward Breaking Bad, too: The montages, obviously.  Saul watching his commercials, even more obviously.  Cinnabon in Omaha.  Making it look like Saul/Jimmy was walking to a Cadillac before panning over to show his beater.  Now I want a prequel for Mike, though, to explain how he ended up going from Baltimore cop to parking lot attendant.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 02:18:09 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 10, 2015, 08:26:42 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 09, 2015, 01:31:13 PM
Very curious to see where they go.  BB had a set goal: Make Mr. Chips into Scarface. So, what's this? Take schmuck from Cicero and make him Omaha Cinnebon manager by way of Albuquerque Law?  Clearly there's more to it. Gilligan has piles of earned credit. I'm in.

Maybe. And I'd also be fine with that. That was my first take when I heard about the show: 30 minute sitcom.  This feels like there's something more.

Regardless, I'm in.

Bob Odenkirk has an interview with Andy Greenwald on a Grantland Podcast, in which he mentions that there is a "Mike" episode coming up that is as dark as anything the team has ever made. So maybe it's not all lolz.

Here's the podcast page.

http://grantland.com/podcasts/

Interesting statement from Odenkirk, quoting Peter Gould a creator of the show about the question this show is trying to answer: "What problems would a person have that becoming Saul Goodman would solve?"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 10:19:09 AM »
Another long, prodigious, home run. This show has reached, look at the clock and plead for a few more minutes of screen time awesome.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 24, 2015, 10:19:09 AM
Another long, prodigious, home run. This show has reached, look at the clock and plead for a few more minutes of screen time awesome.

I can do without Chuck's neuroses. Loved the call out to "The Sting."

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:15 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 24, 2015, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 24, 2015, 10:19:09 AM

I can do without Chuck's neuroses. Loved the call out to "The Sting."

Yeah, that part's corny. I'm guessing he won't be long for this program though.