News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  ( 41,807 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 24, 2015, 10:19:09 AM
Another long, prodigious, home run. This show has reached, look at the clock and plead for a few more minutes of screen time awesome.
Random thoughts about last night's show...  I found last night's show to be creepy. 
Question.  Why did he use his sudden wealth to mimic his nemesis? 
His hero-act on TV was bizarre.  Sure, it got him attention, but how did he ever think it up?
Saul/McGill has too many dimensions.  This is TV after all.  TV has to be predictable.   He should be all bad or all good.  To have him be simultaneously good and bad makes him unpredictable.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 24, 2015, 06:38:42 PM
Another long, prodigious, home run. This show has reached, look at the clock and plead for a few more minutes of screen time awesome.
Random thoughts about last night's show...  I found last night's show to be creepy. 
His hero-act on TV was bizarre.  Sure, it got him attention, but how did he ever think it up?
Saul/McGill has too many dimensions.  This is TV after all.  TV has to be predictable.   He should be all bad or all good.  To have him be simultaneously good and bad makes him unpredictable.   

Did you ... watch ... Breaking Bad?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 24, 2015, 08:41:29 PM

Breaking what?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 25, 2015, 09:32:37 AM
Random thoughts about last night's show...  I found last night's show to be creepy.  
Question.  Why did he use his sudden wealth to mimic his nemesis?  
His hero-act on TV was bizarre.  Sure, it got him attention, but how did he ever think it up?
Saul/McGill has too many dimensions.  This is TV after all.  TV has to be predictable.   He should be all bad or all good.  To have him be simultaneously good and bad makes him unpredictable.    

Breaking what?

He knew his nemesis would force him to take the billboard down and he could stage that bizarre event to publicly shame him. This is how Jimmy's mind works. He's a schemer and the more he talks the more he falls in love with the sound of his own voice. With each victory, we see him gaining confidence and morphing into someone who could relish representing the Heisenbergs of the world.

What we don't know exactly, is why he hates his brother's partners so much. He's an angry, petty, jealous man for sure but there's got to be more there and I believe the journey of this season will be to show what transpired in a very Gilliganesque manner.

What problems could a person have that becoming Saul Goodman would possibly solve? Stay tuned!
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 24, 2015, 10:29:16 AM

I can do without Chuck's neuroses. Loved the call out to "The Sting." blog.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 25, 2015, 09:38:25 AM
Random thoughts about last night's show...  I found last night's show to be creepy.  
His hero-act on TV was bizarre.  Sure, it got him attention, but how did he ever think it up?
Saul/McGill has too many dimensions.  This is TV after all.  TV has to be predictable.   He should be all bad or all good.  To have him be simultaneously good and bad makes him unpredictable.    

Breaking what?

He knew his nemesis would force him to take the billboard down and he could stage that bizarre event to publicly shame him. This is how Jimmy's mind works. He's a schemer and the more he talks the more he falls in love with the sound of his own voice. With each victory, we see him gaining confidence and morphing into someone who could relish representing the Heisenbergs of the world.

What we don't know exactly, is why he hates his brother's partners so much. He's an angry, petty, jealous man for sure but there's got to be more there and I believe the journey of this season will be to show what transpired in a very Gilliganesque manner.

What problems could a person have that becoming Saul Goodman would possibly solve? Stay tuned!
's all good, man.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 25, 2015, 01:53:56 PM

Breaking what?

's all good, man.

hey, i see what you did there.  is that from the show?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 25, 2015, 02:12:33 PM
Quote from: CBStew on February 25, 2015, 01:53:56 PM

Breaking what?

's all good, man.

hey, i see what you did there.  is that from the show?
Yes.  It was last night's opening scene.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »
I think I've watched the sex toilet scene 5 times. Still hilarious.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 08, 2015, 09:03:06 PM
I think I've watched the sex toilet scene 5 times. Still hilarious.

Holy shit yes.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »
The "Mike" episode was complete and utter titsteak. It's no use trying to decide which series is better between Saul and Breaking Bad. It's the same show. You can pick which one you like better. I personally enjoy this show better. It's funnier. And I don't hate every single person on it with the fire of a thousand suns.

However, I watched the "Better Call Saul" episode of Breaking Bad right after last night's ep and realize that Saul himself is a fucking slime bucket far beyond anything he's displayed as Jimmy McGill. That transformation is underway. I wonder how long they plan to take in getting there. Hopefully about 25 seasons.

Now back to Mike. That was a character most people really liked and for good reason. This episode was such a star turn for Jonathan Banks that this character is now embedded in the top shelf of greatest TV characters all time. My God, that was unbelievable. Every single scene.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 10, 2015, 09:55:48 AM
The "Mike" episode was complete and utter titsteak. It's no use trying to decide which series is better between Saul and Breaking Bad. It's the same show. You can pick which one you like better. I personally enjoy this show better. It's funnier. And I don't hate every single person on it with the fire of a thousand suns.

However, I watched the "Better Call Saul" episode of Breaking Bad right after last night's ep and realize that Saul himself is a fucking slime bucket far beyond anything he's displayed as Jimmy McGill. That transformation is underway. I wonder how long they plan to take in getting there. Hopefully about 25 seasons.

Now back to Mike. That was a character most people really liked and for good reason. This episode was such a star turn for Jonathan Banks that this character is now embedded in the top shelf of greatest TV characters all time. My God, that was unbelievable. Every single scene.

SPOILER ALERT..................

If he hadn't pulled that trigger I would not only have written this episode off as morose and dull, I would have crossed the program off my "must watch" list.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 08:25:17 PM »

"Lawyer"
All of you young fathers should teach this.

Edit: I'm not going to comment on the rest of the episode because spoilers and all of that.

Now the Pex review of the Mike / Jonathan Banks performance may seem like hyperbole. But I can't fault him for saying those things when I actually felt the need to watch the episode for a second time just because it was so well crafted.
Really great writing, character, acting.

Just outstanding.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »
Quote from: flannj on March 12, 2015, 08:25:17 PM

"Lawyer"
All of you young fathers should teach this.

Edit: I'm not going to comment on the rest of the episode because spoilers and all of that.

Now the Pex review of the Mike / Jonathan Banks performance may seem like hyperbole. But I can't fault him for saying those things when I actually felt the need to watch the episode for a second time just because it was so well crafted.
Really great writing, character, acting.

Just outstanding.

Jesus. I finally watched this last night. That was one of the best hours of television I've ever seen.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck