News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  ( 41,598 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 21, 2017, 10:24:35 AM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on June 21, 2017, 08:19:21 AM
Poor Chuck.

They did it: I finally felt sorry for Chuck.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't hard to feel for him when Jimmy bamboozled him by doctoring the address on the Mesa Verde files.  There's proof that Chuck wasn't really a bad guy; I think the wormvirus that was Jimmy slowly ate his brain. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2017, 11:44:13 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on June 21, 2017, 10:32:57 AM
Poor Chuck.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't hard to feel for him when Jimmy bamboozled him by doctoring the address on the Mesa Verde files.  There's proof that Chuck wasn't really a bad guy; I think the wormvirus that was Jimmy slowly ate his brain. 

"YOU AREN'T A REAL LAWYER!!!" - Chuck

He was an asshole who never got over that his slippery brother was loved despite being slippery.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2017, 12:01:27 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 21, 2017, 11:44:13 AM
Poor Chuck.

He was an asshole who never got over that his slippery brother was loved despite being slippery.

I think they're both fairly terrible people that are entertaining to watch. I feel sorry for Chuck having to cope with his mental illness and the fact that his hatred for Jimmy poisoned everything he built in his life, but he was still a prick.

Jimmy's charming and likeabke with good intentions, but he's an amoral man who thinks means don't matter.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2017, 12:25:36 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2017, 12:01:27 PM
Poor Chuck.

I think they're both fairly terrible people that are entertaining to watch. I feel sorry for Chuck having to cope with his mental illness and the fact that his hatred for Jimmy poisoned everything he built in his life, but he was still a prick.

Jimmy's charming and likeabke with good intentions, but he's an amoral man who thinks means don't matter.

This is fair.

Kind of heartbreaking, in retrospect, to consider the opening scene in this season finale where Chuck's reading Little Red Riding Hood to Jimmy in the tent.  When you consider that Jimmy was ripping off his parents since he was old enough to shave and everything that followed, it's not hard to see that Chuck, in the end, was the victim of a younger brother who was a bad egg from birth. That's why I fall on the side of sympathy for Chuck.  Chuck was definitely an asshole as an adult but--again--I attribute some of that to the effect that Jimmy had on him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on June 21, 2017, 12:25:36 PM
Poor Chuck.

This is fair.

Kind of heartbreaking, in retrospect, to consider the opening scene in this season finale where Chuck's reading Little Red Riding Hood to Jimmy in the tent.  When you consider that Jimmy was ripping off his parents since he was old enough to shave and everything that followed, it's not hard to see that Chuck, in the end, was the victim of a younger brother who was a bad egg from birth. That's why I fall on the side of sympathy for Chuck.  Chuck was definitely an asshole as an adult but--again--I attribute some of that to the effect that Jimmy had on him.

In Jimmy's defense, he watched everyone else rip his parents off too. They were not equipped to deal with someone for whom rules are only suggestions.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2017, 03:34:35 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2017, 02:50:04 PM
Poor Chuck.

This is fair.

In Jimmy's defense, he watched everyone else rip his parents off too. They were not equipped to deal with someone for whom rules are only suggestions.
Jimmy was selfless when he sacrificed on behalf of the little old lady whom he had conned into taking the settlement.  It is like watching the yin battle with the yang.  Jimmy has multiple personalities that don't get along with each other.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 21, 2017, 03:34:35 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2017, 02:50:04 PM
Poor Chuck.

This is fair.

Jimmy was selfless when he sacrificed on behalf of the little old lady whom he had conned into taking the settlement.  It is like watching the yin battle with the yang.  Jimmy has multiple personalities that don't get along with each other.
Epiphany.  One of his personalities is named Jimmy McGill.  The other is named Saul Goodman.  Saul is taking over.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2017, 03:49:04 PM »
Only one quibble with the finale: where's Mike? But I gladly accept more Nacho in his stead.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »
Poor Chuck.

Just watched the entire series to date over the past couple of months.

What a fantastic show.

I don't know if I felt sorry for Chuck, but it was the first time in a while I was cringing a bit.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 21, 2017, 03:40:54 PM
Poor Chuck.

What a fantastic show.

I don't know if I felt sorry for Chuck, but it was the first time in a while I was cringing a bit.

I was surprised Chuck went the way he did.  I always thought Chuck would meet his demise by being electrocuted, both as a twist on his condition and in keeping with the fact that he's always been Frank Grimes to Jimmy's Homer Simpson.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on August 22, 2017, 03:21:22 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on August 21, 2017, 03:40:54 PM
Poor Chuck.

What a fantastic show.

I was surprised Chuck went the way he did.  I always thought Chuck would meet his demise by being electrocuted, both as a twist on his condition and in keeping with the fact that he's always been Frank Grimes to Jimmy's Homer Simpson.

Or Grimey, as he liked to be called.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »
Just checking in, half way through season 3, to say HOW FUCKING MUCH I love this show.  The beauty of the slow pacing is that it allows the characters time to develop in a way that very few other shows - if any - can emulate.  Jimmy, Chuck, Mike, Kim, Howard, Gus, Nacho... there is very little black and white (Hector Salamanca, maybe?) in this show, just a thousand shades of grey, and I wish more telly was like it.  It's better and more rounded than Breaking Bad, and that's saying something.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2017, 05:10:49 PM »
Tonk, all I can do is repost... The absolute fucking best

Goddammmm Junior Brown.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2017, 06:49:22 PM »
Next time this thread gets bumped, it better be cause there's a release date for Season 4.

Or boobs.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 07, 2017, 06:49:22 PM
Next time this thread gets bumped, it better be cause there's a release date for Season 4.

Or boobs.

Calm down, Clay Thomas.