News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  ( 41,605 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2018, 01:11:11 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 15, 2018, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on September 15, 2018, 12:33:13 AM
Don't get me started about Hummels, much less Lladro.

Any opinions on Limoges? Nambé?

No. My late mother was really into Hummels, and when my imaginary college girlfriend and I went to Spain for a summer, I was tasked with bringing back a Lladró, which proved to be well beyond my means. I'm leaving to visit my father on the 26th, so I can tell you what porcelain I wound up choosing.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2018, 04:48:37 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 17, 2018, 01:11:11 AM
Quote from: Bort on September 15, 2018, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on September 15, 2018, 12:33:13 AM
Don't get me started about Hummels, much less Lladro.

Any opinions on Limoges? Nambé?

No. My late mother was really into Hummels, and when my imaginary college girlfriend and I went to Spain for a summer, I was tasked with bringing back a Lladró, which proved to be well beyond my means. I'm leaving to visit my father on the 26th, so I can tell you what porcelain I wound up choosing.

My Mum has a large collection of Lladró.  Is it worth something, then?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »
SPOILER ALERT 

The season finale was terrific.  Loose ends were tied up, and new questions arose.   Although it explained how Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman (which we knew if we had been paying attention) I still don't get what that underground bunker is all about.  Nor do I know why the German engineer had to be killed. (Was there a metaphor about the Holocaust or am I over thinking this?)  But Jonathan Banks is such an amazing and riveting actor I had to replay that scene over and over. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 10, 2018, 01:30:38 PM
SPOILER ALERT 

The season finale was terrific.  Loose ends were tied up, and new questions arose.   Although it explained how Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman (which we knew if we had been paying attention) I still don't get what that underground bunker is all about.  Nor do I know why the German engineer had to be killed. (Was there a metaphor about the Holocaust or am I over thinking this?)  But Jonathan Banks is such an amazing and riveting actor I had to replay that scene over and over.

Because Gus Fring does not tolerate loose ends or loose cannons. Until he goes against his better judgment to make a deal with one Walter Hartwell White.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 10, 2018, 02:02:22 PM
SPOILER ALERT 

Because Gus Fring does not tolerate loose ends or loose cannons. Until he goes against his better judgment to make a deal with one Walter Hartwell White.
I guess that is my problem.  I keep forgetting that this is a prequel, and, unfortunately,  I never watched "Breaking Bad".  By the way, the expression on Jimmy McGill's girlfriend's face when she realizes that McGill might not be the person whom she thought he was was another highlight of the show.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2018, 07:22:57 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 10, 2018, 02:34:39 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 10, 2018, 02:02:22 PM
SPOILER ALERT 

I guess that is my problem.  I keep forgetting that this is a prequel, and, unfortunately,  I never watched "Breaking Bad".  By the way, the expression on Jimmy McGill's girlfriend's face when she realizes that McGill might not be the person whom she thought he was was another highlight of the show.

Ah, I didn't realize you haven't seen Breaking Bad.

SPOILER (minor one, but still):

The chemist Gale Boetticher (David Costabile), who you saw touring the unfinished bunker in Monday's episode with Gus, will build a meth lab in that bunker either prior to or during the events of Breaking Bad.  We're shown a montage of Gale unboxing top-dollar lab equipment -- some of it purchased from a division of Madrigal Electromotive, of course -- in the empty, finished bunker.  (Gale then marvels that Gus "spared no expense" building the lab, encouraging him to hire the most skilled chemist available [Walt] in order to get the most out of his massive investment.  This is one of the deciding factors in Gus hiring Walt despite his initial misgivings.)

Gale and Walt will also cook in the bunker/lab together.  What we're seeing in Better Call Saul is the initial groundbreaking and construction, which was never shown in Breaking Bad.  It's simply introduced as a giant Superlab in the ground underneath the industrial laundromat.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
By the way, the expression on Jimmy McGill's girlfriend's face when she realizes that McGill might not be the person whom she thought he was was another highlight of the show.

It's about damn time Rhea Seehorn wins some awards for her work on this show.  So great.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 10, 2018, 07:23:42 PM
By the way, the expression on Jimmy McGill's girlfriend's face when she realizes that McGill might not be the person whom she thought he was was another highlight of the show.

It's about damn time Rhea Seehorn wins some awards for her work on this show.  So great.

It was her Hank on the toilet moment.

She's done some great work this season.  The scene with Howard at HHM and the scene with Jimmy on the rooftop were both brilliant.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2018, 02:24:21 AM »
This show is better than Breaking Bad.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2020, 04:40:00 PM »
The new season has started. 
It used to be said about Seinfeld that "it was a show about nothing".  I am beginning to feel that is the perfect description of "Better Call Saul".  The characters are well written.  The actors are superb.  But when will there be signs of a plot?  The show starts to go somewhere...and then that direction dead ends.  I know that eventually it will be about drug distribution.  The most interesting characters are dealers.  But so far they are miles away from Jimmy/Saul.  Last night's show started with Jimmy handing out 50% off cards and 2 lowlifes taking the discount cards and going on a minor crime spree.  But then they stopped and never reappeared.  Instead we watched Jimmy go house hunting.  WTF?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2020, 03:06:42 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 12, 2018, 02:24:21 AM
This show is better than Breaking Bad.

Tonker is probably right!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.