News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Addison Russell's Barry Larkin-esque 2040 HOF Primer Thread  ( 51,503 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Addison Russell's Barry Larkin-esque 2040 HOF Primer Thread
« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2016, 10:57:36 PM »
Nice bounce-back, kid.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2016, 09:37:41 PM »
Turning around that slump in a HUGE way.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2016, 08:28:11 AM »
I was going to say something shitty about how wrong Vlahos was, but I sincerely hope he's enjoying this instead of just wanting to be right.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2016, 08:35:52 AM »
It's very interesting to me how successful at bats develop. Before he hit his homerun, Russell looked bad on a swing, and he looked pretty frustrated in the process. It speaks to his character that he didn't change his approach after a bad swing.
M'lady.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 21, 2016, 08:35:52 AM
It's very interesting to me how successful at bats develop. Before he hit his homerun, Russell looked bad on a swing, and he looked pretty frustrated in the process. It speaks to his character baseball ability and solid mental approach that he didn't change his approach after a bad swing.

I'm probably being a semantic dick but it ain't got nothing to do with his character.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2016, 09:42:24 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2016, 09:36:03 AM
It's very interesting to me how successful at bats develop. Before he hit his homerun, Russell looked bad on a swing, and he looked pretty frustrated in the process. It speaks to his character baseball ability and solid mental approach that he didn't change his approach after a bad swing.

I'm probably being a semantic dick but it ain't got nothing to do with his character.

I'll concede your point. I just feel that not succumbing to the pressure/adrenaline, and maintaining your approach (i.e., playing with poise), is an example of your character.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 21, 2016, 09:42:24 AM

I'll concede your point. I just feel that not succumbing to the pressure/adrenaline, and maintaining your approach (i.e., playing with poise), is an example of your character.

Oh Kurt, don't you know that you're not allowed to bring about "character" around these parts?

The only thing that matters is statz, bro.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:50 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 21, 2016, 10:10:55 AM

Oh Kurt, don't you know that you're not allowed to bring about "character" around these parts?

This isn't a computers versus grit argument, dingus. Obviously there is a HUGE mental aspect to the game - as evidenced by how much focus this regime puts on mental makeup. But when I think of "character" I think of how a guy treats his family and friends and acts as a citizen in general (e.g. Rizzo good, Chapman bad). Which is different than his mental makeup as an athlete. I'm probably splitting hairs here.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2016, 10:29:06 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2016, 10:21:50 AM

This isn't a computers versus grit argument, dingus. Obviously there is a HUGE mental aspect to the game - as evidenced by how much focus this regime puts on mental makeup. But when I think of "character" I think of how a guy treats his family and friends and acts as a citizen in general (e.g. Rizzo good, Chapman bad). Which is different than his mental makeup as an athlete. I'm probably splitting hairs here.

Clearly he was referring to his mental makeup, dingus.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2016, 10:30:51 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2016, 10:21:50 AM

I don't care either way. I'm just overjoyed to see the young Cubs getting big hits. Addison had said previously that he'd had trouble controlling his adrenaline in big situations, but he seems to be getting better at it. I'm giddy to see what he and Javy do next, and to watch them be the double play duo for the next decade.
M'lady.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2016, 08:28:11 AM
I was going to say something shitty about how wrong Vlahos was, but I sincerely hope he's enjoying this instead of just wanting to be right.

He's definitely enjoying it.

Quote from: VlahosIndeed, we all want the same thing, however it's achieved. I'm glad the Cubs appear to be close to achieving it. The next few weeks should be agonizing, but fun. I hope you enjoy it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2016, 12:21:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 21, 2016, 10:33:12 AM

Quote from: VlahosIndeed, we all want the same thing, however it's achieved. I'm glad the Cubs appear to be close to achieving it. The next few weeks should be agonizing, but fun. I hope you enjoy it.

He can eat shit.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on October 21, 2016, 12:21:52 PM

He can eat shit.

With Al, at a table for two.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2016, 03:07:15 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 21, 2016, 02:55:16 PM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on October 21, 2016, 12:21:52 PM

He can eat shit.

With Al, at a table for two.

And a high chair for Gordo.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16