News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Addison Russell's Barry Larkin-esque 2040 HOF Primer Thread  ( 51,503 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Addison Russell's Barry Larkin-esque 2040 HOF Primer Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 23, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 23, 2017, 07:56:00 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 22, 2017, 11:43:18 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 22, 2017, 09:03:07 PM
I wonder if Addison's early-season struggles were caused by stress from the drama at home. Perhaps the news getting out was actually a relief to him, because he wasn't hiding anything anymore.

Don't wonder about that.
There's no way to find out and it doesn't matter anyway.

At this point, they'll get a divorce, neither MLB nor law enforcement will do anything about it because it's unprovable and we'll just have to deal with rooting for a guy that might be a scumbag (admittedly any of them could be, but there's smoke here.)

That's the future as long as he's a Cub.  

He's an immature scumbag at best. At worst, he's a narcissistic abuser. You can hope he becomes a better person. He is a good shortstop. I suppose Rey Sanchez, Alex Gonzalez, and Neifi Perez were wonderful citizens, husbands, and fathers.

Actually, he's completely innocent at best. The evidence we have is about as flimsy as possible.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 23, 2017, 08:10:24 AM
I wonder if Addison's early-season struggles were caused by stress from the drama at home. Perhaps the news getting out was actually a relief to him, because he wasn't hiding anything anymore.

Don't wonder about that.

At this point, they'll get a divorce, neither MLB nor law enforcement will do anything about it because it's unprovable and we'll just have to deal with rooting for a guy that might be a scumbag (admittedly any of them could be, but there's smoke here.)

He's an immature scumbag at best. At worst, he's a narcissistic abuser. You can hope he becomes a better person. He is a good shortstop. I suppose Rey Sanchez, Alex Gonzalez, and Neifi Perez were wonderful citizens, husbands, and fathers.

Curiously absent from your list, Starlin Castro.

Oh, yeah. Now I remember.

Yes, that, and Starlin Castro is a little better at baseball than Sanchez, Alex Gonzalez, and Neifi Perez, no?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 23, 2017, 08:53:08 AM

Don't wonder about that.

Actually, he's completely innocent at best. The evidence we have is about as flimsy as possible.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

Well, we know that he committed adultery. With respect to the fact that he's hardly alone in that regard, it's still a pretty shitty thing to do.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 23, 2017, 12:13:36 PM

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

Well, we know that he committed adultery. With respect to the fact that he's hardly alone in that regard, it's still a pretty shitty thing to do.

Being shitty to your wife and committing assault aren't even in the same time zone.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2017, 12:28:11 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 23, 2017, 12:14:54 PM

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

Being shitty to your wife and committing assault aren't even in the same time zone.

Eating the last butter tart and committing murder are equally bad up in Canada.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2017, 12:29:48 PM »

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

Yes but while we know, at this point, that Russell is clearly guilty of the former, we cannot say we know he's guilty of the latter.  The only suggestion has been a second-hand comment by someone who has not been backed up by the purported victim.  No formal criminal investigation or complaints from the victim as far as we know and the only investigation is being done by Russell's employer and until the investigation complete, nobody can know what exactly to make of the assertion yet.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on June 23, 2017, 12:29:48 PM

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

Yes but while we know, at this point, that Russell is clearly guilty of the former, we cannot say we know he's guilty of the latter.  The only suggestion has been a second-hand comment by someone who has not been backed up by the purported victim.  No formal criminal investigation or complaints from the victim as far as we know and the only investigation is being done by Russell's employer and until the investigation complete, nobody can know what exactly to make of the assertion yet.

All we know is that MLB doesn't bother sweeping this shit under the rug.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 23, 2017, 10:45:39 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 23, 2017, 08:10:24 AM

Don't wonder about that.

Curiously absent from your list, Starlin Castro.

Oh, yeah. Now I remember.

Yes, that, and Starlin Castro is a little better at baseball than Sanchez, Alex Gonzalez, and Neifi Perez, no?

And a little worse at keeping law enforcement from getting involved.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

And that's the difference between being an immature scumbag, rather than a narcissistic abuser.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 23, 2017, 09:35:00 PM

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

And that's the difference between being an immature scumbag, rather than a narcissistic abuser.

We actually don't know if he committed adultery either.

I mean, the signs certainly point there, but we don't know anything about the status of his relationships at different times.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »
Bailed out the bullpen/manager. Good work.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: July 15, 2017, 04:34:33 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 26, 2017, 11:28:37 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 23, 2017, 09:35:00 PM

Don't wonder about that.

And yet, probably true.

So here we are.

We actually don't know if he committed adultery either.

I mean, the signs certainly point there, but we don't know anything about the status of his relationships at different times.

I missed this first time round but I just want to say that, not for the first time, I agree wholeheartedly with Pen.  Relationships are almost never a one-way street and when somebody is "unfaithful", it might mean nothing more than that their cunt of a partner made life unbearable for them.  Blaming people for "cheating" presupposes you know absolutely everything about their relationship, and - spoiler alert - you definitely don't.

Cheating is the business of those directly involved, and nobody else.  The end.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2018, 04:07:02 PM »
(No thread bumps since July 2017.)

Yet another awful Addison strikeout. Neat.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 13, 2018, 04:07:02 PM

Hey don't forget his two terrible baserunning mistakes
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2018, 06:09:59 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 13, 2018, 04:07:02 PM

Hey don't forget his two terrible baserunning mistakes

You're including the one where he had to stop to avoid passing Schwarber, aren't you?
TIME TO POST!