News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Manhatten  ( 2,004 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Manhatten
« on: August 06, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
If you aren't watching this you should be.  I am sure that you can find reruns of the first episodes on WGN.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Manhatten
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:12:58 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 06, 2014, 07:32:22 AM
If you aren't watching this you should be.  I am sure that you can find reruns of the first episodes on WGN.

What's Manhatten?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 06, 2014, 08:12:58 AM
Quote from: CBStew on August 06, 2014, 07:32:22 AM

What's Manhatten?
A misspelled word.  I apologize.
It is a fictionalized version of the Manhattan Project to build the atomic bomb in New Mexico.  As if the real life project wasn't dramatic enough, this version invents stories about the lives of people who were transplanted into the New Mexico desert in a makeshift community.  The scientists and their families were virtual prisoners surrounded by barbed wire fences and armed MPs, working for years on a project so secret that the vice president of the United States wasn't even informed of its existence, let alone its purpose.  The work was so compartmentalized that many of the scientists didn't even know what they were doing.  The dramatic event in the most recent episode was one scientist, working on developing a photographic process, was arrested for "stealing" copies of his own work so that he could get a patent on it once the war ended.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:25:28 PM »
I actually just got hipped to the existence of this because there's apparently numbers traffic in the soundtrack.

I was worried for a moment that the Patagonian clearinghouse wouldn't have it.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!