News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Silicon Valley  ( 11,547 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Silicon Valley
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 03, 2016, 08:52:24 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 01, 2016, 05:28:34 PM
Over on Reddit, people seem to think that Jared is the most normal, well-balanced guy who has everything figured out, but I disagree. He's got an insane backstory and, eventually he's going to snap.

Compared to the people on Reddit, Jared is normal and well-balanced.

...proclaimed the avid Twitterer.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 03, 2016, 09:42:54 AM
Over on Reddit, people seem to think that Jared is the most normal, well-balanced guy who has everything figured out, but I disagree. He's got an insane backstory and, eventually he's going to snap.

Point taken. But it's nice that I can (mostly) have control over who I see on Twitter.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 03, 2016, 10:31:40 AM

Point taken. But it's nice that I can (mostly) have control over who I see on Twitter.

Same thing on Reddit, really. I wouldn't say that there is a "Reddit" -- there's just a collection of communities/subreddits that happen to all be hosted by the same site. Some are full of shitty people. Some are really interesting. Some are heavily moderated.

It gets a bad rap because of (admitted cesspools) like r/worldnews, r/RedPill, and more recently r/The_Donald. Lots of those people are also on Twitter. And, like Twitter, the solution on Reddit is pretty simple -- don't subscribe/read those. I think there are maybe 2-3 default subreddits that I'm subscribed to. As long as you're logged in and aren't viewing the default front page, I find it's great.

Most of my front page is programming/database/computer stuff, but r/DepthHub, r/TrueReddit, and especially r/NeutralPolitics are consistently interesting.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 03, 2016, 12:54:38 PM

Same thing on Reddit, really. I wouldn't say that there is a "Reddit" -- there's just a collection of communities/subreddits that happen to all be hosted by the same site. Some are full of shitty people. Some are really interesting. Some are heavily moderated.

It gets a bad rap because of (admitted cesspools) like r/worldnews, r/RedPill, and more recently r/The_Donald. Lots of those people are also on Twitter. And, like Twitter, the solution on Reddit is pretty simple -- don't subscribe/read those. I think there are maybe 2-3 default subreddits that I'm subscribed to. As long as you're logged in and aren't viewing the default front page, I find it's great.

Most of my front page is programming/database/computer stuff, but r/DepthHub, r/TrueReddit, and especially r/NeutralPolitics are consistently interesting.

Geez, why don't you and Reddit get a subReddit already.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »
This thread has become more Silicon Valley than "Silicon Valley."  Way to go, nerds.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 03, 2016, 02:23:19 PM
This thread has become more Silicon Valley than "Silicon Valley."  Way to go, nerds.

yeah, but there's no Gilfoyle here.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2016, 09:26:47 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 03, 2016, 12:54:38 PM

Agreed. I avoid most of the cesspools.
M'lady.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »
This may belong in the"I admit it" thread, but took me a few moments to figure out the "Tables" ad wasn't real. And the only reason I realized it was that I remembered was watching HBO.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 01:23:10 PM »
"400 Satanists in Boston?"

"Yeah, the Catholic Church really did a number on that town."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04:53 AM »
A little disappointed at how quickly the show reverted to the status quo instead of exploring new territory (Richard working together with Gavin) for more than a couple episodes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 22, 2017, 02:04:53 AM
A little disappointed at how quickly the show reverted to the status quo instead of exploring new territory (Richard working together with Gavin) for more than a couple episodes.

Yeah, I was hoping we'd get more mileage out of Douchebag Dinesh.
TIME TO POST!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 08:11:10 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 22, 2017, 02:04:53 AM

Seems like they do that every season -- the season appears to be headed in a particular direction, one that seems really cool and ripe with possibilities, and then it swerves. I think they must have swerved 3 or 4 times last season alone.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 08:30:18 AM »
Now that TJ Miller has begged off the show, I'm guessing it has a year to live.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 07:16:29 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 23, 2017, 08:30:18 AM
Now that TJ Miller has begged off the show, I'm guessing it has a year to live.

You mean until it's acquired for $1 billion by Facebook and quietly shut down?