News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The show won't go on  ( 2,300 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The show won't go on
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »
Chicago-based stage actors Molly Glynn, 46, and Bernie Yvon, 50, in separate accidents.

QuoteYvon, a 50-year-old star of countless musicals in Chicago and the suburbs, was killed Saturday morning on his way to a rehearsal at the Theatre at the Center in Munster, Ind., where he was appearing in a musical, "Women On The Verge of a Nervous Breakdown," which had been scheduled to open next week.

I assume a car accident?  The article doesn't say.

QuoteGlynn, a luminous 46-year-old stage actress known for her feisty demeanor and honesty, died after a tree fell on her while she was out bicycling during a storm on Friday.

QuoteGlynn was known for her intellect
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The show won't go on
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »
When tragedy strikes, an actor must rise to the occasion:

QuoteThe actor Lance Baker, posting on Facebook, wrote, "Grief has become near-catatonia."

Quote"Oh, our poor community," said BJ Jones, the artistic director of the Northlight Theatre, too overcome to say much more. "This is devastating."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »
My wife is friends with Molly's husband. She's devastated. It's a relatively tight-knot community, and this hit a lot of people pretty hard.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 06, 2014, 03:43:14 PM
Chicago-based stage actors Molly Glynn, 46, and Bernie Yvon, 50, in separate accidents.

QuoteYvon, a 50-year-old star of countless musicals in Chicago and the suburbs, was killed Saturday morning on his way to a rehearsal at the Theatre at the Center in Munster, Ind., where he was appearing in a musical, "Women On The Verge of a Nervous Breakdown," which had been scheduled to open next week.

QuoteGlynn, a luminous 46-year-old stage actress known for her feisty demeanor and honesty, died after a tree fell on her while she was out bicycling during a storm on Friday.

DPD: the storm caught them by surprise on a long bike ride (it came up very suddenly here as well), and they were trying to get home.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 06, 2014, 08:24:07 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 06, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

DPD: the storm caught them by surprise on a long bike ride (it came up very suddenly here as well), and they were trying to get home.

I thought that story was poorly written, maybe inadvertently, but clearly not thought through in that it almost seemed like it was trying to make some kind of statement.  I later found this:

QuoteGlynn, 46, was riding her bike about 3 p.m. Friday with her husband, fellow theater actor Joe Foust, when the pair were caught in the fast-moving afternoon storm, Foust said in a Facebook message today. Heavy winds uprooted a tree onto the path where she was riding in Erickson Woods near Northfield, authorities said.

Foust, 45, said he and Glynn would bike frequently together. On Friday, they were riding on their favorite biking trail, the North Branch, and were about 25 miles into the ride, heading south on the trail, when the weather suddenly changed around 3 p.m. as they approached Willow Road.

which handled it much better.  Very sorry for your losses in a very freak weekend.  I should've tried to make it more clear I was taking issue with the writing.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:00:14 PM »
QuoteFoust, 45, said he and Glynn would bike frequently together. On Friday, they were riding on their favorite biking trail, the North Branch, and were about 25 miles into the ride, heading south on the trail, when the weather suddenly changed around 3 p.m. as they approached Willow Road.

That's TJ's back yard, basically.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 06, 2014, 11:00:14 PM
QuoteFoust, 45, said he and Glynn would bike frequently together. On Friday, they were riding on their favorite biking trail, the North Branch, and were about 25 miles into the ride, heading south on the trail, when the weather suddenly changed around 3 p.m. as they approached Willow Road.

Thanks a lot, Teej.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 07, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

Thanks a lot, Teej.

I have it on good authority he was at the Granville stop at the time.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »

Our neighborhood us torn up. Ton of trees are down, like a microburst hit. I was hoping the maple in the neighbors' yard could have landed on our garage roof. Have to reroof it. An insurance claim would have been nicer.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 09:59:35 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 06, 2014, 08:22:28 PM
My wife is friends with Molly's husband. She's devastated. It's a relatively tight-knot community, and this hit a lot of people pretty hard.

As hard as a tree falling on someone?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

But...Desipio and all.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 08, 2014, 09:59:35 PM

But...Desipio and all.

My poor dead whore grandmother is crying in heaven now.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 09, 2014, 07:24:25 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 08, 2014, 09:59:35 PM

But...Desipio and all.

My poor dead whore grandmother is crying in heaven now.

Probably not if she's in Arizona heaven. I bet that place is magical.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 09:33:02 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 06, 2014, 08:22:28 PMIt's a relatively tight-knot community

So they're actors AND sailors?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 09, 2014, 09:33:02 AM
Quote from: Bort on September 06, 2014, 08:22:28 PMIt's a relatively tight-knot community

So they're actors AND sailors?

I let that go because it was in the midst of some serious Kelly Dwyer--disapproved sincerity.

But then Penfoe made it okay for the world to laugh again, so...*snort*...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs