News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 32,903 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2017, 01:19:14 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 13, 2017, 01:03:28 PM
*cough*

http://desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=8809.msg293793#msg293793

There definitely is something strange about piling on Chuck for having been too optimistic.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on November 13, 2017, 01:19:14 PM
*cough*

There definitely is something strange about piling on Chuck for having been too optimistic.

Let's just laugh at Chuck getting epically owned even more than usual.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2017, 08:27:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 13, 2017, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on November 13, 2017, 01:19:14 PM
*cough*

Let's just laugh at Chuck getting epically owned even more than usual.

He's actually laughing
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »
This is going great....

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 04, 2017, 09:13:25 AM
This is going great....

I'm not sure what to make of the Fox hire in the first place.  Either it was entirely Pace's decision and can be defended on the grounds that the rebuild might not have to be stripped down so far and having a veteran coach who's had success might allow Pace--a young, 1st time GM--to have his cake and eat it too, or that it wasn't entirely Pace's decision which would mean he's always been a neutered GM since jump street and was a stupid fucking PANK for taking the job in the first place on that condition.

If it's #1, then hindsight tells us that it was a complete disaster, since they were never competitive and this is compounded by possibly having retarded the growth of young players by a veteran coach who tried (and failed) to win now.  If it's #2, then we're fucked, as it'd mean we're still mired in the byzantine management structure of the weird McCaskey family. 

Neither outcome is good but I think Pace will be allowed to fire his first hire without endangering his job too much...although he will not get 3 years with a new coach to shit the tub to the tune of 12-13 wins in that time, in which case he'll be canned and we get to start all over again.  Yay!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on December 04, 2017, 10:22:28 AM
This is going great....

I'm not sure what to make of the Fox hire in the first place.  Either it was entirely Pace's decision and can be defended on the grounds that the rebuild might not have to be stripped down so far and having a veteran coach who's had success might allow Pace--a young, 1st time GM--to have his cake and eat it too, or that it wasn't entirely Pace's decision which would mean he's always been a neutered GM since jump street and was a stupid fucking PANK for taking the job in the first place on that condition.

If it's #1, then hindsight tells us that it was a complete disaster, since they were never competitive and this is compounded by possibly having retarded the growth of young players by a veteran coach who tried (and failed) to win now.  If it's #2, then we're fucked, as it'd mean we're still mired in the byzantine management structure of the weird McCaskey family. 

Neither outcome is good but I think Pace will be allowed to fire his first hire without endangering his job too much...although he will not get 3 years with a new coach to shit the tub to the tune of 12-13 wins in that time, in which case he'll be canned and we get to start all over again.  Yay!
Given the decades of failure with a team that is considered to be one of the top valued NFL franchises I'm going to go with behind door #2.
Did I win a cheese straightener?
Or just a copy of the "Home Game"?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on December 04, 2017, 10:22:28 AM
This is going great....

The talk of late has been Door #2. He's neutered, GM in name only.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2019, 02:18:12 AM »
A kicker losing a playoff game by hitting the uprights? Who could have guessed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?