News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Flash/Arrow  ( 3,663 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Flash/Arrow
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
You other nerds still watching this? Because I got one word for you:

GRODD
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Flash/Arrow
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 17, 2015, 11:20:08 AM

GRODD

I'm a few episodes behind but allow me to put up a preemptive FUCK YEAH.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 17, 2015, 11:22:01 AM

GRODD

I want to be mad at them for just slowly teasing him throughout the season because I want my talking mind-control gorilla NOW but they seem to understand what a big fucking showcase he deserves so I assume the payoff will be worth it. Also there's a hit live-action TV show that's going to have fucking Gorilla Grodd on it I have no right complain about anything.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 17, 2015, 11:24:28 AM

GRODD

I want to be mad at them for just slowly teasing him throughout the season because I want my talking mind-control gorilla NOW but they seem to understand what a big fucking showcase he deserves so I assume the payoff will be worth it. Also there's a hit live-action TV show that's going to have fucking Gorilla Grodd on it I have no right complain about anything.

You mean, other than your entire life that has led to this moment?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2015, 04:12:05 PM

GRODD

Why would I complain about that? I have a pretty great life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 07:32:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 17, 2015, 04:25:35 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2015, 04:12:05 PM

GRODD

Why would I complain about that? I have a pretty great life.

PenFoe is just mad that you're not buying organic.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »
DPD.

I'm still catching up, but I'm starting to get a little leery that Barry, a man who's birth father has been wrongfully imprisoned for like 15 years and whose de facto father figure is an honest cop, hasn't shown any qualms about the fact that his creepy new benefactor is essentially kidnapping and locking up metahumans criminals in his own private Gitmo without trials. I assume once Wells' schemes come to light, Barry will have a change of heart, but it's a bit problematic.

And I assume if Joe figures this one out, he's gonna shit tarantulas.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 18, 2015, 10:22:52 AM
DPD.

I'm still catching up, but I'm starting to get a little leery that Barry, a man who's birth father has been wrongfully imprisoned for like 15 years and whose de facto father figure is an honest cop, hasn't shown any qualms about the fact that his creepy new benefactor is essentially kidnapping and locking up metahumans criminals in his own private Gitmo without trials. I assume once Wells' schemes come to light, Barry will have a change of heart, but it's a bit problematic.

I keep hoping they'll address that with at least some lines about how the team is trying to reverse their mutations or something so they can be re-introduced into society but yeah, that's my one big quibble with the show to this point. But unfortunately the realities of what it means to jail a supervillain stick out a bit more in live action than in the comics where they are conveniently out of sight/out of mind. The show's gonna need to develop an Arkham type facility eventually.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 18, 2015, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: Bort on February 18, 2015, 10:22:52 AM
DPD.

I keep hoping they'll address that with at least some lines about how the team is trying to reverse their mutations or something so they can be re-introduced into society but yeah, that's my one big quibble with the show to this point. But unfortunately the realities of what it means to jail a supervillain stick out a bit more in live action than in the comics where they are conveniently out of sight/out of mind. The show's gonna need to develop an Arkham type facility eventually.

I have no issues with them being locked up.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 08:16:14 AM »
If anyone's watching Arrow is it driving anyone else insane that they apparently can't have a meeting with the cast and pick one fucking pronunciation for R'as Al Ghul?

R'as and everyone in the league pronounces it "Raysh", which is how it's technically pronounced, I think. Ollie and half of them say "Rahz" like in the Nolan movies. Some people even say like "Razz". It's a minor quibble but it bugs me.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 08:33:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 27, 2015, 08:16:14 AM
If anyone's watching Arrow is it driving anyone else insane that they apparently can't have a meeting with the cast and pick one fucking pronunciation for R'as Al Ghul?

R'as and everyone in the league pronounces it "Raysh", which is how it's technically pronounced, I think. Ollie and half of them say "Rahz" like in the Nolan movies. Some people even say like "Razz". It's a minor quibble but it bugs me.

I'm watching, but I don't really care about it so it's not driving me insane. Perhaps write them some strongly worded internet correspondence.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 08:35:02 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 27, 2015, 08:33:59 AM

I'm watching, but I don't really care about it so it's not driving me insane. Perhaps write them some strongly worded internet correspondence.

I don't care how they pronounce it. Some people threw a fit when it was "Rahs" in Batman Begins and it never bothered me. I just say pick one and stick with it, but I am also a crazy person.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 08:50:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 27, 2015, 08:35:02 AM

I don't care how they pronounce it. Some people threw a fit when it was "Rahs" in Batman Begins and it never bothered me. I just say pick one and stick with it, but I am also a crazy person.

Maybe it's intentional and the characters are pronouncing it differently because they're supposed to be realistic characters with different speech tendencies and not white-washed hand puppets of DC Comics technical consultantry. Maybe it's some high-level nerd stuff. I dunno.

#teamtheasmidriff

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 27, 2015, 08:50:50 AM

Maybe it's intentional and the characters are pronouncing it differently because they're supposed to be realistic characters with different speech tendencies and not white-washed hand puppets of DC Comics technical consultantry. Maybe it's some high-level nerd stuff. I dunno.

#teamtheasmidriff

I am 100% convinced there's a new clause in that girl's contract demanding midriff baring every episode. She hasn't missed one yet.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 27, 2015, 08:52:48 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 27, 2015, 08:50:50 AM

#teamtheasmidriff

I am 100% convinced there's a new clause in that girl's contract demanding midriff baring every episode. She hasn't missed one yet.

Maybe she has a cardigan endorsement deal with Baby Gap.