News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Benched  ( 3,879 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Benched
« on: March 18, 2015, 08:32:26 AM »
One-time Bulls draftee who would--in his second stint--become best remembered 'round these parts as Dennis Rodman's caddy for Title No. IV Jack Haley, 51.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Benched
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »
Ed Nealy outlasts another one?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 18, 2015, 08:32:26 AM
One-time Bulls draftee who would--in his second stint--become best remembered 'round these parts as Dennis Rodman's caddy for Title No. IV Jack Haley, 51.

Is he the first Bull with a ring to die?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 18, 2015, 10:23:11 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 18, 2015, 08:32:26 AM

Is he the first Bull with a ring to die?

Well there is the whole unfortunate incident of Brian Williams (Title No. V, 1997) aka Bison Dele...

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »
I thought Jason Caffey was Rodman's caddie for the second run.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 09:20:40 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 18, 2015, 04:06:02 PM

He was a rookie that year ('95-'96), and then was on the playoff roster and played some important postseason minutes in Title No. V in '96-'97.  I always felt he got jobbed in '95-'96 because he played some big minutes during the regular season but was left off the playoff roster in favor of Dickie Simpkins, who was the poor man's power forward they drafted the year before Caffey.  Dickie Simpkins sucked, and I had high hopes for Jason Caffey so I was not happy with it.  Obviously it didn't matter because that team won 72 games and was not going to lose in the postseason because of either of those 2.  In any event Caffey was dealt mid-way through Title No. VI in '97-'98 and was off my radar...until he reappeared after having been jailed for failing to provide support for the dozens of children he apparently fathered during his time in the NBA.

But no, as an impressionable young rookie in 1995-96, Jason Caffey was not charged with the responsibility of babysitting Dennis Rodman.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 19, 2015, 09:20:40 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 18, 2015, 04:06:02 PM

He was a rookie that year ('95-'96), and then was on the playoff roster and played some important postseason minutes in Title No. V in '96-'97.  I always felt he got jobbed in '95-'96 because he played some big minutes during the regular season but was left off the playoff roster in favor of Dickie Simpkins, who was the poor man's power forward they drafted the year before Caffey.  Dickie Simpkins sucked, and I had high hopes for Jason Caffey so I was not happy with it.  Obviously it didn't matter because that team won 72 games and was not going to lose in the postseason because of either of those 2.  In any event Caffey was dealt mid-way through Title No. VI in '97-'98 and was off my radar...until he reappeared after having been jailed for failing to provide support for the dozens of children he apparently fathered during his time in the NBA.

But no, as an impressionable young rookie in 1995-96, Jason Caffey was not charged with the responsibility of babysitting Dennis Rodman.

I see what you mean now by Caddie. I remember Caffey getting a few spot starts at power forward for Rodman when the Worm had pissed Jackson off.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.