News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses  ( 64,858 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
I'm wondering if Maddon's style and outlook is perfect for a young team facing the pressures of toppling a historic championship drought, but not necessarily a perfect fit for a team trying to build a Cubs Way of winning for years to come.

I have a feeling that Joe will try to go out on top next year, and will take some kind of position in the Cubs front office, paving the way toward hiring a replacement who can help the Cubs take the next step toward perennial contention.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: November 07, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 06, 2018, 06:42:53 PM
I'm wondering if Maddon's style and outlook is perfect for a young team facing the pressures of toppling a historic championship drought, but not necessarily a perfect fit for a team trying to build a Cubs Way of winning for years to come.

I have a feeling that Joe will try to go out on top next year, and will take some kind of position in the Cubs front office, paving the way toward hiring a replacement who can help the Cubs take the next step toward perennial contention.

He's going to win it all, go out on top, then replace Renteria in Bridgeport.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: November 07, 2018, 12:21:27 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 07, 2018, 08:43:49 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 06, 2018, 06:42:53 PM

He's going to win it all, go out on top, then replace Renteria in Bridgeport.

And then we get Cubs Manager, David Ross?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: November 13, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »
Assuming Joe doesn't accept a promotion into the front office, he's on track to become the 5th winningest manager in Cubs history this coming year. Joe will surpass Joe McCarthy sometime in 2019. Only Charlie Grimm, and Hall of Famers McCarthy, Cap Anson, Frank Chance, and Leo Durocher are ahead of him. In his short time with the team, he's surpassed Riggleman, Baker, and Pinella, who are directly below him on the list.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: November 13, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 13, 2018, 01:59:21 PM
Assuming Joe doesn't accept a promotion into the front office, he's on track to become the 5th winningest manager in Cubs history this coming year. Joe will surpass Joe McCarthy sometime in 2019. Only Charlie Grimm, and Hall of Famers McCarthy, Cap Anson, Frank Chance, and Leo Durocher are ahead of him. In his short time with the team, he's surpassed Riggleman, Baker, and Pinella, who are directly below him on the list.

Can anybody here imagine Joe Maddon being happy in Theo Epstein's shadow? He's going to want a gig where there are reporters around him each day.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: November 13, 2018, 09:32:50 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 13, 2018, 03:26:56 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 13, 2018, 01:59:21 PM

Can anybody here imagine Joe Maddon being happy in Theo Epstein's shadow? He's going to want a gig where there are reporters around him each day.

Everyone knows "Joe Maddon: Live From the Cousin Eddie" is coming to Netflix in April 2020.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: July 26, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »
It would have made sense to pinch hit for Hendricks in the top of the sixth if Bote had gotten on base, and you had two on and no outs -- you really need to get a run there. But when he hit a two run homer, he should have stuck with Hendricks. Instead, he needed to get four innings from the pen, and had to bring Strop -- who he doesn't trust in high leverage situations currently -- in with two on and one out in a one run game.

I realize the front office has handed him a shitty bullpen, but his management of it doesn't help.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2019, 10:35:07 PM »
Even if he waits an inning to pinch hit, he still probably ends up using Strop and they still lose.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."