News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jason Hammel Return Postage Paid, Spiral-Sliced Splooge Thread  ( 13,418 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jason Hammel Return Postage Paid, Spiral-Sliced Splooge Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
It was nice seeing him in "Fuck You" mode.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2016, 07:41:03 PM »
God damn it, dude. Eat some more potato chips.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
Joe was certainly in no hurry to rescue his ass.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 06, 2016, 10:34:52 PM

Joe has never hesitated to embarrass Jason whenever he needs to. Bitch publicly about Joe saving you from embarrassment by pulling you after 39 pitches and you can bet he'll leave your ass to drown in it next time.

Anywho, the real question at this point since Hammel is definitely not in the playoff rotation unless Lackey is just garbage this month, is whether or not Hammel should even make the roster over an actual reliever.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 07, 2016, 07:43:14 AM

Joe has never hesitated to embarrass Jason whenever he needs to. Bitch publicly about Joe saving you from embarrassment by pulling you after 39 pitches and you can bet he'll leave your ass to drown in it next time.

Anywho, the real question at this point since Hammel is definitely not in the playoff rotation unless Lackey is just garbage this month, is whether or not Hammel should even make the roster over an actual reliever.

I don't see the value that Hammel would bring to the bullpen.  He's had a nice season, on balance, but god damn their bullpen is so solid and deep I don't see where he has room...unless it comes down to him and Cahill for a long man, in whih case--fine put him on--hopefully that pitcher is just insurance anyway and won't be needed.  But the back-end of that bullpen, with Chapman, Rondon, Strop, Edwards, and Grimm...I just don't see where Hammel fits (unless Strop is not ready for the LDS I suppose)
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on September 07, 2016, 09:45:34 AM

I don't see the value that Hammel would bring to the bullpen.  He's had a nice season, on balance, but god damn their bullpen is so solid and deep I don't see where he has room...unless it comes down to him and Cahill for a long man, in whih case--fine put him on--hopefully that pitcher is just insurance anyway and won't be needed.  But the back-end of that bullpen, with Chapman, Rondon, Strop, Edwards, and Grimm...I just don't see where Hammel fits (unless Strop is not ready for the LDS I suppose)

Yep. I'd rather have Cahill or Zastryzny as the long man, too. The problem with Hammel in the pen is that if he's going to be awful he tends to be awful right from the start. Maybe he could be slightly better if he knows he can unleash max effort fastballs from the beginning but it's easier to just go with someone who has already been successful as a reliever.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 07, 2016, 09:52:35 AM

I don't see the value that Hammel would bring to the bullpen.  He's had a nice season, on balance, but god damn their bullpen is so solid and deep I don't see where he has room...unless it comes down to him and Cahill for a long man, in whih case--fine put him on--hopefully that pitcher is just insurance anyway and won't be needed.  But the back-end of that bullpen, with Chapman, Rondon, Strop, Edwards, and Grimm...I just don't see where Hammel fits (unless Strop is not ready for the LDS I suppose)

Yep. I'd rather have Cahill or Zastryzny as the long man, too. The problem with Hammel in the pen is that if he's going to be awful he tends to be awful right from the start. Maybe he could be slightly better if he knows he can unleash max effort fastballs from the beginning but it's easier to just go with someone who has already been successful as a reliever.

Given that Hammel makes his living with his sinker and breaking stuff, I don't think he'd really benefit from throwing max effort.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »

I think Hammel sits in the NLDS for sure. Joe knows what he's getting out of Cahill.

TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 07, 2016, 01:24:05 PM

I think Hammel sits in the NLDS for sure. Joe knows what he's getting out of Cahill.

Two pitches.  Two home runs.  VERY LONG home runs.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2016, 07:58:17 PM »
(muttering)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2016, 09:37:27 PM »
Thank god the playoffs are coming soon so his ass isn't pitching and us wondering which guy's going to show up. He's been absolute shite 4 of his last 5 starts.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:49 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 13, 2016, 09:37:27 PM
Thank god the playoffs are coming soon so his ass isn't pitching and us wondering which guy's going to show up. He's been absolute shite 4 of his last 5 starts.

He can console himself with having a front row seat for history.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
Enjoy the bench in October, Jason

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2016, 01:21:14 PM »
I sincerely thank him for being more good than bad this year. He can enjoy the ring just like everyone else