News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jason Hammel Return Postage Paid, Spiral-Sliced Splooge Thread  ( 13,415 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jason Hammel Return Postage Paid, Spiral-Sliced Splooge Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 24, 2016, 01:21:14 PM
I sincerely thank him for being more good than bad this year. He can enjoy the ring just like everyone else
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »
I sincerely thank him for being more good than bad this year. He can enjoy the ring just like everyone else

He was a perfectly acceptable fifth starter. Hell I'll go so far as to rank him above Jason Marquis, Shawn Estes, Mark Clark, and Dan Haren as far as "5th Starters for Cubs Playoff teams" go.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 24, 2016, 02:39:16 PM

He was a perfectly acceptable fifth starter. Hell I'll go so far as to rank him above Jason Marquis, Shawn Estes, Mark Clark, and Dan Haren as far as "5th Starters for Cubs Playoff teams" go.

I would be very happy if "5th starter on World Champions" enhances his trade value.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 24, 2016, 02:41:33 PM

I would be very happy if "5th starter on World Champions" enhances his trade value.

Given the absolute dearth of pitching on the market and the fact that he has just one year left on his deal I'd bet "working on his third straight year of 150+ innings of league average ball" will be enough to get some calls
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

How does he compare to Paul Kilgus, Dick Ruthven, and Rick Reuschel?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2016, 07:27:49 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 24, 2016, 06:31:10 PM

How does he compare to Paul Kilgus, Dick Ruthven, and Rick Reuschel?

I'm far too young and beautiful to remember any of them and thus I rely on you and Pank for such reminiscing

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »

Trader Fork strikes again! Who is the fifth starter with Hammel gone? Montgomery?

If you need me I'll be over here holding my breath for Jose Fernandez.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 24, 2016, 08:36:29 PM

Trader Fork strikes again! Who is the fifth starter with Hammel gone? Montgomery?

Egad

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »

Heh.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 25, 2016, 11:20:39 AM

Heh.

Gonna be holding it for a while. He touched a lot of people.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2017, 03:53:43 PM »
CONFIRMED: He wanted off the World Series champion due to acute butthurt.

As Rogers notes, Mills was only designated for assignment when the Royals signed Jason Hammel, whose option the Cubs declined earlier in the offseason. The team's pursuit of starting depth now raises the question of whether the team would have been better off had it simply exercised the option. But Rogers says a key reason the two sides parted ways was that Hammel had a conflicted relationship with manager Joe Maddon, who Hammel felt didn't have appropriate faith in him and who frustrated him by pulling him out of games before he would have liked to depart. Though the option on Hammel's contract was a team option, the Cubs allowed him to decide whether he wanted to leave, and Hammel made the call. Rogers' sources tell him that was due primarily to his relationship with Maddon.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2017, 11:05:44 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 11, 2017, 03:53:43 PM

As Rogers notes, Mills was only designated for assignment when the Royals signed Jason Hammel, whose option the Cubs declined earlier in the offseason. The team's pursuit of starting depth now raises the question of whether the team would have been better off had it simply exercised the option. But Rogers says a key reason the two sides parted ways was that Hammel had a conflicted relationship with manager Joe Maddon, who Hammel felt didn't have appropriate faith in him and who frustrated him by pulling him out of games before he would have liked to depart. Though the option on Hammel's contract was a team option, the Cubs allowed him to decide whether he wanted to leave, and Hammel made the call. Rogers' sources tell him that was due primarily to his relationship with Maddon.

Although the lesson has been learned by me to not @ pro athletes, no matter how much you loathe them (because it's really stupid, guilty as charged etc.). But I feel at least somewhat validated now for having shown my ass for Hammel to PWN.  Somewhat. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on February 12, 2017, 11:05:44 AM

Although the lesson has been learned by me to not @ pro athletes, no matter how much you loathe them (because it's really stupid, guilty as charged etc.). But I feel at least somewhat validated now for having shown my ass for Hammel to PWN.  Somewhat. 

Apparently Joe is supposed to leave him in when he gives up runs, so he can give up some more runs. That Joe Maddon, always trying to win. What a dick.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 12, 2017, 11:13:41 AM

Apparently Joe is supposed to leave him in when he gives up runs, so he can give up some more runs. That Joe Maddon, always trying to win. What a dick.

I like to think the meeting ended with Hammel shouting "FINE, then I'll just go somewhere that they WILL let me continue to pitch past the point of effectiveness!" then stomping out of the room and slamming the door.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2017, 12:54:57 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 12, 2017, 05:51:09 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 12, 2017, 11:13:41 AM

I like to think the meeting ended with Hammel shouting "FINE, then I'll just go somewhere that they WILL let me continue to pitch past the point of effectiveness!" then stomping out of the room and slamming the door.

Ned Yost must have promised him six innings no matter what. Unless he literally dies on the mound, then there's a very slight chance he might get taken out before then.