News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Avengers Age of Whatevs  ( 2,755 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Avengers Age of Whatevs
« on: May 03, 2015, 01:55:15 AM »
Absolutely, completely, utterly what you would expect from an Avengers movie: big, loud, brash, big, hokey, cheesy, predictable, big, funny, preachy, spectacular and above all, big.  Everything is turned up to eleven and that's just as it should be.  Some of the fight scenes are shot so much like a music video - with the shot changing every second or so - that it's hard to keep up sometimes but actually, it turns out that keeping up isn't necessary anyway.  Much like with the first "Thor" movie, the 3D was completely immaterial: I barely noticed it was even there, although that might just be a reflection of how blasé I've become about the technology already.  All in all, though, the film was never boring and I enjoyed it really quite a lot.

The next lot of Avengers look like a load of fucking pussies, though.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Avengers Age of Whatevs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »
It's fine.  I liked it a little less than Tonks. These movies are like Bond movies: They are as good as the villains. Ultron was kind of meh.  Actually, Scarlet Witch was a bigger emotional foil.  For a while.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Avengers Age of Whatevs
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:18:26 PM »
I don't think I've ever had a movie fit my expectations so perfectly, for good and bad. It was perfectly acceptable.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015