News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread  ( 34,978 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »
Lester for Sale, eat some of Lester's contract, problem solved done deal.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »
On the plus, he looked great throwing and locating last night. Maybe that will help convince him that he doesn't need Ross catching him.

On the other hand, dude needs to learn to throw over to first. Carpenter's lead in the first was bad enough.

Then Wong was two full steps beyond where Carpenter was after singling in the 7th. Look at this shit.

I mean, Lester's looking right at him. That has to fuck with the guy's head seeing someone a fifth of the way to second and to not be able to do anything about it, right?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
That Wong lead is absurd.

Also, your first pic has been stolen for Twitter purposes.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 10:52:56 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 07, 2015, 10:09:05 AM

I mean, Lester's looking right at him. That has to fuck with the guy's head seeing someone a fifth of the way to second and to not be able to do anything about it, right?

So you're saying anyone who gets on base against Lester is already 20% of the way to second?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »
On the plus, he looked great throwing and locating last night. Maybe that will help convince him that he doesn't need Ross catching him.

On the other hand, dude needs to learn to throw over to first. Carpenter's lead in the first was bad enough.

Then Wong was two full steps beyond where Carpenter was after singling in the 7th. Look at this shit.

He's a professional fucking athlete who gets paid millions of dollars to throw a fucking ball.  How is he not practising this every hour of every day until he gets it right?  It's getting embarrassing.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 07, 2015, 11:34:43 AM

He's a professional fucking athlete who gets paid millions of dollars to throw a fucking ball.  How is he not practising this every hour of every day until he gets it right?  It's getting embarrassing.

I don't think the yips care how much you practice.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »

How do you know he's *not* "practising" this every hour of every day?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »

It has to be a long con.

He's going to pitch the 7th game of the NLCS versus the Cards. Two-outs, bottom of the ninth. Cubs up 2-1. Wong singles to put the tying run on base for the Cards and takes his 20 foot lead and then ... Jon Lester unveils the secret pickoff move he's been developing all year. A pickoff move so good it that would raise the hairs on the back of Andy Pettitte's neck. Wong scrambles to get back but eats dirt 5 feet from the bag. Cubs win and capture the first of their back-to-back-to-back AAU championships.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 12:15:35 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 07, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

So what do you do, then?  Just accept that every walk and hit you give up is, essentially, a double?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 07, 2015, 12:15:35 PM

He's a professional fucking athlete who gets paid millions of dollars to throw a fucking ball.  How is he not practising this every hour of every day until he gets it right?  It's getting embarrassing.

So what do you do, then?  Just accept that every walk and hit you give up is, essentially, a double?

Apparently? This isn't exactly a new problem for him and he's had a damn fine career. I mean I certainly don't understand why throwing to first base is an issue when he can paint a strike zone, but like Tony said, the yips are the yips. I really doubt Rick Ankiel just stopped being able to throw a strike because he wasn't trying hard enough or practicing.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 07, 2015, 12:18:53 PM

He's a professional fucking athlete who gets paid millions of dollars to throw a fucking ball.  How is he not practising this every hour of every day until he gets it right?  It's getting embarrassing.

So what do you do, then?  Just accept that every walk and hit you give up is, essentially, a double?

Apparently? This isn't exactly a new problem for him and he's had a damn fine career. I mean I certainly don't understand why throwing to first base is an issue when he can paint a strike zone, but like Tony said, the yips are the yips. I really doubt Rick Ankiel just stopped being able to throw a strike because he wasn't trying hard enough or practicing.

I think there's a difference between Lester's issues and Ankiel's.  I think that, even in his lowest moment, if you'd asked Ankiel to sling a fastball, belt-high, right down the middle, he could probably have managed it.  The problem with that is, of course, that that pitch is going to get murdered.  Not only did Ankiel have to throw strikes, he needed to throw strikes that couldn't be cleanly hit.  All Lester has to do is throw a strike - any strike.  I'm not saying it's that simple, but if he can throw it over the plate without problems, surely with some work he can figure out how to throw it over a different plate, the same distance away?

EDIT: what I'm saying is that he's a lazy, feckless cunt who doesn't give a fucking toss that the whole of the National League is taking the piss out of him and is only interested in his paycheque.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 12:56:17 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 07, 2015, 12:29:19 PM

I think there's a difference between Lester's issues and Ankiel's.  I think that, even in his lowest moment, if you'd asked Ankiel to sling a fastball, belt-high, right down the middle, he could probably have managed it.  The problem with that is, of course, that that pitch is going to get murdered.  Not only did Ankiel have to throw strikes, he needed to throw strikes that couldn't be cleanly hit.  All Lester has to do is throw a strike - any strike.  I'm not saying it's that simple, but if he can throw it over the plate without problems, surely with some work he can figure out how to throw it over a different plate, the same distance away?

EDIT: what I'm saying is that he's a lazy, feckless cunt who doesn't give a fucking toss that the whole of the National League is taking the piss out of him and is only interested in his paycheque.

The thing is, he doesn't even need to throw a strike. Rizzo is 6'3", so Lester just needs to put it somewhere within an 8' x 8' box or thereabouts and occasionally throw one right on the bag. Just something to keep the runner honest.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 07, 2015, 12:56:17 PM

The thing is, he doesn't even need to throw a strike. Rizzo is 6'3", so Lester just needs to put it somewhere within an 8' x 8' box or thereabouts and occasionally throw one right on the bag. Just something to keep the runner honest.

I'm sure that literally no one has thought of any of this before.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 07, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

Just because everybody thinks the Cardinals are cunts, doesn't mean they're not cunts.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 07, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

Ah, I forgot I included the part where I wrongfully claimed to be the first person to make such a ground-breaking observation. You have my deepest apologies.