News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread  ( 34,947 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 18, 2017, 01:34:27 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 18, 2017, 01:33:36 PM
Quote from: Oleg on July 18, 2017, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 18, 2017, 10:55:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 18, 2017, 09:06:11 AM
It's very fitting that Lester took Kerry's #34 because both are tough sonsofbitches that I love and will defend to death.

Only one of them didn't choke a Game 7. Direct your love accordingly.

Only one of them started the first Cubs playoff series clinching game since 1908, too.

Get bent, Internet Chuck.

"I choked," Wood said. "That's the bottom line. I choked."

And like any good fan Chuck's only response has been to take that moment of genuine sadness for Kerry and kick him for it for 14 fucking years.

After the Pirates game...
QuoteHours after he left the shortest outing of his career Sunday, Jon Lester looked as stunned as when he walked off the mound.

Never in his 12-year career had the three-time World Series champ and four-time All-Star failed to pitch at least four innings, let alone fail to get out of the first.

By the time Lester (5-6) exited after only two outs, the Pirates had scored 10 times, handing the World Series champs a bitter end to a bitter first half with a 14-3 rout.

"I don't know what to say," Lester said. "It's embarrassing.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-jon-lester-calls-10-run-first-inning-vs-pirates-embarrassing/

But if the pitcher said he didn't pitch well in one game his whole career must suck.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2017, 02:47:38 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 18, 2017, 02:28:46 PM
It's very fitting that Lester took Kerry's #34 because both are tough sonsofbitches that I love and will defend to death.

Only one of them started the first Cubs playoff series clinching game since 1908, too.

And like any good fan Chuck's only response has been to take that moment of genuine sadness for Kerry and kick him for it for 14 fucking years.

QuoteHours after he left the shortest outing of his career Sunday, Jon Lester looked as stunned as when he walked off the mound.

Never in his 12-year career had the three-time World Series champ and four-time All-Star failed to pitch at least four innings, let alone fail to get out of the first.

By the time Lester (5-6) exited after only two outs, the Pirates had scored 10 times, handing the World Series champs a bitter end to a bitter first half with a 14-3 rout.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-jon-lester-calls-10-run-first-inning-vs-pirates-embarrassing/

But if the pitcher said he didn't pitch well in one game his whole career must suck.

There's always this.

QuoteLester, a postseason beast, gave up six runs in all. He hadn't allowed more than three runs in any start for Oakland, and he entered Tuesday with the third-best postseason ERA all time among pitchers with at least 10 starts, at 2.11. He also came in with a 1.84 ERA all-time against Kansas City, his best mark against any team.

"I really feel like I threw the ball better than what the linsecore said. But the bottom line is it's a loss," Lester said.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2017, 03:15:21 PM »

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
In order of preference:

Kerry Wood
Jon Lester
Shawn Estes
Rick Aguilera
Carlos Silva
Internet Chuck
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2017, 03:30:36 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 18, 2017, 03:15:21 PM

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

Never in his 12-year career had
the three-time World Series champ and four-time All-Star failed to pitch at least four innings, let alone fail to get out of the first.

You called, Chuck? I knew you had a soft spot for me.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 18, 2017, 03:36:19 PM

the three-time World Series champ and four-time All-Star failed to pitch at least four innings, let alone fail to get out of the first.

I think one of my groomsmen was in the locker room for that first picture (his dad was CFO when Autry owned the team). Was cheering for him that night.

Last year too. Glad he didn't get a haircut.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »
I thinks we can all agree that Internet Chuck is The Worst.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 18, 2017, 03:59:18 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 18, 2017, 03:36:19 PM

I think one of my groomsmen was in the locker room for that first picture (his dad was CFO when Autry owned the team). Was cheering for him that night.

Last year too. Glad he didn't get a haircut.

But not in 2013 when it could have been St. Louis.

Quote from: Bort on July 18, 2017, 04:57:04 PM
I thinks we can all agree that Internet Chuck is The Worst.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2017, 06:48:56 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 18, 2017, 03:17:39 PM
In order of preference:

Kerry Wood
Jon Lester
Shawn Estes
Rick Aguilera
Carlos Silva
Internet Chuck

Estes seems ranked a little high.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 18, 2017, 06:48:56 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 18, 2017, 03:17:39 PM
In order of preference:

Kerry Wood
Jon Lester
Shawn Estes
Rick Aguilera
Carlos Silva
Internet Chuck

Estes seems ranked a little high.

It's a fair point. I actually think I hated him more than Silva.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »
Bump for his first career dinger and 2,000 career Ks.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 02, 2017, 07:45:04 AM
Bump for his first career dinger and 2,000 career Ks.

..and not dying after throwing 31 pitches, hitting a single and running bases all in the 2nd inning.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2017, 12:01:56 AM »
Joe mentioned in his post game comments Thursday that they noticed early on that Lester's velocity was down. Maybe it's just 20-20 hindsight, but it seems like they could have been more proactive in getting him out of there. In his defense, Lester apparently said he was fine, but the radar gun is a better source of unbiased info than a guy that would probably want to keep grinding if his elbow exploded.

I don't think they could have avoided the DL stint, but they might have have saved a few runs.

Via The Athletic:
QuoteMaddon said he noticed a little dip in velocity from Lester at times, seeing his cutter at 85-86 mph. Lester has averaged 87.8 mph on the pitch this season and while he was down as low as 85.4 Thursday, he ended up averaging 87.4 mph. Maddon suggested that Lester lacked some finish on his pitches, perhaps because of the injury, and that allowed the Reds to fight the ball off and dump some pitches over the infielders' heads into no-man's land in the outfield.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »

Instead of the Cubs starting their own network, can we just have a Drunk Jon Lester Channel?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16