News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread  ( 14,538 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread
« on: May 29, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »
I once met Troy Glaus without knowing he was Troy Glaus which quite displeased Troy Glaus.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 29, 2015, 04:16:38 PM
I once met Troy Glaus without knowing he was Troy Glaus which quite displeased Troy Glaus.

I had the same experience with Olympia Dukakis, except she was fairly nice.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 04:02:37 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 29, 2015, 05:39:58 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 29, 2015, 04:16:38 PM

I had the same experience with Olympia Dukakis, except she was fairly nice.

I had the same experience with Roald Dahl, and although at the time I thought he was all right about it, with hindsight I realise that he found it quite hurtful.  He did sign a copy of "James and the Giant Peach" for us, though.  And then my brother, unbeknownst to me, put it back on the shelf in the bookshop and left.  Jesus fucking Christ.

EDIT: It's all coming back to me, now.  It wasn't our not recognising him that pissed him off, it was the fact that I also asked him to sign a second-hand copy of this.  That might actually be worse than getting him to sign JATGP before putting it back.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 04:04:29 AM »
As a teenager living in the Netherlands, I won the Dutch National orienteering championship for the under fifteen age group.  Because it wasn't an open competition, though, and I'm not Dutch*, they didn't give the trophy to me, but rather to the kid who came second**.

* Have at it.
** In the interests of full disclosure, there were only two of us in the age group, and the other kid got comprehensively lost.  Still, he has a fucking trophy in his bedroom, and I don't.  I hope it embarrasses him every time he looks at it, the Dutch cunt.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
I've been to 12 Blackhawks playoff games in the Toews/Kane/Keith era and have seen them go 11-1 (only loss, Game 1 in first round 2010 vs. Nashville).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 30, 2015, 09:53:49 AM
I've been to 12 Blackhawks playoff games in the Toews/Kane/Keith era and have seen them go 11-1 (only loss, Game 1 in first round 2010 vs. Nashville).

Which hats were you wearing?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »
I don't think this thread title is really accurate -- there wasn't anything "humble" about Pen's initial brag.

#RIPHarris

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 30, 2015, 10:25:35 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 30, 2015, 09:53:49 AM

Which hats were you wearing?

I was the one who came up with the team idea!  Me!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 30, 2015, 10:52:57 AM
I don't think this thread title is really accurate -- there wasn't anything "humble" about Pen's initial brag.

#RIPHarris

The key word in the title is Wrong.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 30, 2015, 04:04:29 AM
As a teenager living in the Netherlands, I won the Dutch National orienteering championship for the under fifteen age group.  Because it wasn't an open competition, though, and I'm not Dutch*, they didn't give the trophy to me, but rather to the kid who came second**.

* Have at it.
** In the interests of full disclosure, there were only two of us in the age group, and the other kid got comprehensively lost.  Still, he has a fucking trophy in his bedroom, and I don't.  I hope it embarrasses him every time he looks at it, the Dutch cunt.

When I was in my 40's I entered a YMCA 5k race.  I not only came in first, I was around 4 minutes ahead of the 2nd place finisher.  I wasn't that fast, it was about a seven and a half minute pace, but everyone else was pathetically slow.  When it came time to hand out the ribbons (around a half hour after I finished, everyone looked at me as though I was a course cutting Rosie Ruiz.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
I went to the toilet this morning to relieve myself of built-up overnight gas, and promptly farted for - no exaggeration - twenty seconds without pause.  Just take a moment to count out twenty seconds, now, the better to appreciate my achievement.  By the time I reached, probably, twelve seconds or so I was Muttleying so hard that I nearly fell off the bog.  At the end of my titanic achievement, I stumbled, tears still rolling down my face, back into the bedroom and asked my wife to get Norris McWhirter on the phone so that I could report my new World Record.  She was not amused.  I think I might have married the wrong woman.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 04:21:12 PM »
Back when I used to summer in Maine with Jordanian royalty, I owned a bunch of Garfield books.

Stephen King's son Owen went to that camp also. I don't think he's involved with FIFA though.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
Also, I once got high with Vanilla Ice.

In Cleveland.

This one may actually belong in the other thread. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 08:43:24 AM »
I was only able to get 6 reps at 225 on the flat bench this morning.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 08:48:26 AM »
I played in a foursome with Illini great Mike Tisdale yesterday