Desipio Message Board
October 16, 2017, 06:48:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No bologna  (Read 3614 times)
thehawk
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:48:37 PM »

Hot Doug's now in the Wrigley field bleachers

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150703/wrigleyville/hot-doug-sausages-will-be-sold-at-wrigley-field-starting-friday

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »

Better than the bleachers deserve.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Saul Goodman
Not NOT Sterling
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You know I'm hourly, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 05:24:24 PM »

There's nothing wrong with sitting there, per se.  Who doesn't want to catch a giant Kris Bryant dong?  Season tickets, though, or constantly paying more to sit farther away with no extra amenities or room, now that's weird.

Or maybe all of that is fine and it's just the true-fan superiority those who sit there try to lord over the filthy Terrace Reserved-bound peasants.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

There's nothing wrong with sitting there, per se.  Who doesn't want to catch a giant Kris Bryant dong?  Season tickets, though, or constantly paying more to sit farther away with no extra amenities or room, now that's weird.

Or maybe all of that is fine and it's just the true-fan superiority those who sit there try to lord over the filthy Terrace Reserved-bound peasants.

"True fans" - 99% of which clear out after 9 if the games goes into extras. Say what you want about Alvin, at least he stays until the end of a ballgame*

*mainly due to not having anywhere else to go

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Tonker
Johnny Evers Fan Club

SUCCESSFUL MESSIAH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:09:16 PM »

Every time I see this thread title, I spend the next hour with The Breeders going round my head.  Just thought I'd mention it.

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:34:37 PM »

Every time I see this thread title, I spend the next hour with The Breeders going round my head.  Just thought I'd mention it.

I assume you're referring to "No Aloha," a song which is stuck in my head a really surprising amount of the time.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 09:50:06 AM »

I see it and think Al died.
flannj
Johnny Evers Fan Club

"Knew your father, I did"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 05:16:55 PM »

Every time I see this thread title, I spend the next hour with The Breeders going round my head.  Just thought I'd mention it.

I see it and think Al died.

Me too.
Wishful thinking I guess.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen
Tonker
Johnny Evers Fan Club

SUCCESSFUL MESSIAH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 08:39:43 PM »

I assume you're referring to "No Aloha," a song which is stuck in my head a really surprising amount of the time.

Yes.  Catchy sonofabitch, eh?

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: