Desipio Message Board
October 16, 2017, 07:11:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Girl on the Train  (Read 14577 times)
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:01:38 PM »

Struggled my way through this book.  I kept thinking that it would get better.  I was wrong.  I suppose that they will make a movie since (for reasons that I can't comprehend) it is a best seller.  I won't go to see the movie.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:18:51 PM »

Struggled my way through this book.  I kept thinking that it would get better.  I was wrong.  I suppose that they will make a movie since (for reasons that I can't comprehend) it is a best seller.  I won't go to see the movie.

I find that hard to believe.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »

I find that hard to believe.
Yeah.  You are right.  Mrs. CBS has refused to read the book.  That means that she  will see the movie.  That, in turn, means that I will see the movie.  (How do you think I've stayed married for 55+ years?

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: