News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The David Price It's Gonna Hai Thread  ( 7,864 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The David Price It's Gonna Hai Thread
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The David Price It's Gonna Hai Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 21, 2015, 10:41:52 AM
Hi.

What a bunch of nonsense. I feel like Stew right now.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 21, 2015, 11:01:26 AM
Hi.

The Twitter stuff is garbage, but Price is reminding me of Tommy John in his last year with the Dodgers. Reporters would ask him if he knew where he wanted to play the next year and he'd walk away whistling "Yankee Doodle".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 21, 2015, 11:48:26 AM
Hi.

The Twitter stuff is garbage, but Price is reminding me of Tommy John in his last year with the Dodgers. Reporters would ask him if he knew where he wanted to play the next year and he'd walk away whistling "Yankee Doodle".

You've managed to top yourself with the number of outdated references in one sentence.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:15 PM »
Hi.

"Hey thanks for showing me such respect, Jake, you're a true professional and a nice man."

OMG DAVED PRIZE IS COMMING TO THE CUBES!

At least if he doesn't come here I'll know where to direct my irrational, pointless rage, you modern day Bernie Mac.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:47:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 21, 2015, 12:42:15 PM
Hi.

"Hey thanks for showing me such respect, Jake, you're a true professional and a nice man."

At least if he doesn't come here I'll know where to direct my irrational, pointless rage, you modern day Bernie Mac.

I could never dress as clean as Bernie did on his worst day.
TIME TO POST!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 21, 2015, 12:47:07 PM
Hi.

Here is his worst day.

You're still right.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »
Hi.

I would be more impressed if he had stuck a feather in his baseball cap and called it macaroni.  (I always wondered what that meant.  Did he call the feather "macaroni" or did he call the cap "macaroni"?)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 21, 2015, 02:02:57 PM
Hi.

I would be more impressed if he had stuck a feather in his baseball cap and called it macaroni.  (I always wondered what that meant.  Did he call the feather "macaroni" or did he call the cap "macaroni"?)

The term "macaroni" was used by 18th-century British to describe men who were pre-occupied with fashion and appearance, many of whom toured Italy and became enamored with the culture and food. Officers in the British army often derided their American counterparts for not keeping their regalia properly squared away. The line is a subliminal diss handed out by the Yanks' judgmental British oppressors.  

http://www.howtogeek.com/trivia/yankee-doodle-stuck-a-feather-in-his-hat-and-called-it-macaroni-to-refer-to-what/

More at the link above.

The British began singing the song to joke about the backwater Buttpuddle denizens in the colonies. And we had Kid Rock remix it and blared it back at them as we kicked their ass off our lawn.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 21, 2015, 02:29:09 PM
Hi.

I would be more impressed if he had stuck a feather in his baseball cap and called it macaroni.  (I always wondered what that meant.  Did he call the feather "macaroni" or did he call the cap "macaroni"?)

The term "macaroni" was used by 18th-century British to describe men who were pre-occupied with fashion and appearance, many of whom toured Italy and became enamored with the culture and food. Officers in the British army often derided their American counterparts for not keeping their regalia properly squared away. The line is a subliminal diss handed out by the Yanks' judgmental British oppressors.  

http://www.howtogeek.com/trivia/yankee-doodle-stuck-a-feather-in-his-hat-and-called-it-macaroni-to-refer-to-what/

More at the link above.

The British began singing the song to joke about the backwater Buttpuddle denizens in the colonies. And we had Kid Rock remix it and blared it back at them as we kicked their ass off our lawn.

Take THAT, you crumpet munchers.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 21, 2015, 02:29:09 PM
Hi.

More at the link above.

Thank you for this.  Although I wondered about the origin I never took the time to investigate. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 21, 2015, 12:51:58 PM
Hi.

Here is his worst day.

You're still right.

Damn, he's fly.
TIME TO POST!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 03:18:13 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 21, 2015, 03:12:49 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on July 21, 2015, 12:51:58 PM
Hi.

Here is his worst day.

You're still right.

Damn, he's fly.

Cleaner than the board of health.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »
Levine and Rosenthal both reporting the Cubs have reached out to the Tigers.

Supposedly McKinney's the main piece.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
Detroit probably should sell given how they've left their farm barren for years trying to win now and the window is closing, and I'm sure people have reached out to them about Price. I can't buy that he's getting traded till it actually happens, though. They're 3 back in the wildcard, and all the owner wants is a world series before he dies. I have a hard time seeing him give up on this one.

If it happens I'll be over the fucking moon.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015