News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread  ( 10,442 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 06, 2015, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 06, 2015, 12:13:16 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 06, 2015, 08:19:12 AM
Here we go again?

This sounds really fucking terrible.

Yuuuup.

Yeah, and it's not like anyone can possibly say "He's always been a good boy..."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 06, 2015, 01:04:23 PM
Here we go again?

Yuuuup.

Yeah, and it's not like anyone can possibly say "He's always been a good boy..."

So, Kane's day with the Cup to be held at Clinton Correctional Facility?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 01:19:01 PM »
Intrepid Reader Ben Rapelisberger:

If Kane gets more than a 4 game suspension, he's doing it wrong.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 06, 2015, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 06, 2015, 01:04:23 PM
Here we go again?

Yuuuup.

So, Kane's day with the Cup to be held at Clinton Correctional Facility?

True story, it's supposed to be this weekend. Think it gets pushed back juuuuuuuuuuuust a little.
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 07:54:29 AM »
This really sucks in so many ways. I don't really see any scenario where this turns out all good. Even if he didn't actually rape the girl, he's going to wear that for quite a while. And then all the other scenarios in between him being convicted of rape mean he probably raped her

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 07, 2015, 07:54:29 AM
This really sucks in so many ways. I don't really see any scenario where this turns out all good. Even if he didn't actually rape the girl, he's going to wear that for quite a while. And then all the other scenarios in between him being convicted of rape mean he probably raped her

Well, fuck

Yea, I'm gonna go ahead and say the fucker did it. Goddammit, Patrick

QuoteThe woman left Kane's home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 09, 2015, 10:29:19 AM

Well, fuck

QuoteThe woman left Kane's home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Literally everyone I talk to wants to talk about the Kane story and I really do not. But it's sick how quickly everyone jumps to "girls pretend to be raped all the time" like rape isn't a super common thing.

People are bad.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 10:46:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 09, 2015, 10:43:13 AM

Well, fuck

Literally everyone I talk to wants to talk about the Kane story and I really do not. But it's sick how quickly everyone jumps to "girls pretend to be raped all the time" like rape isn't a super common thing.

People are bad.

Well and the newspaper contributes to that attitude. That bar owner had literally nothing of value to add to the story beyond "yeah he was at my bar and a woman was with him." So they let him have like half a page to talk about how some slut was totally just hanging all over Kaner,  bro, and then she totes followed him out the door and was obviously asking for it but even though I'm not Kane's friend he is a total gentleman, bro,  and innocent until proven guilty amirite?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »

Well, fuck

People are bad.

I've had a long history of being stupid with my fists but this really makes me want to punch someone.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 09, 2015, 10:46:16 AM

Well, fuck

People are bad.

Well and the newspaper contributes to that attitude. That bar owner had literally nothing of value to add to the story beyond "yeah he was at my bar and a woman was with him." So they let him have like half a page to talk about how some slut was totally just hanging all over Kaner,  bro, and then she totes followed him out the door and was obviously asking for it but even though I'm not Kane's friend he is a total gentleman, bro,  and innocent until proven guilty amirite?

The worst part about that interview was the bar owner saying "I have no skin in the game", when he clearly has a fuckload between liability issues and the financial gains he gets from Local Hero Patrick Kane drinking in his establishment.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 09:34:03 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 09, 2015, 03:08:37 PM

Well, fuck

People are bad.

I've had a long history of being stupid with my fists but this really makes me want to punch someone.

It's awful.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »
I'd say he's gone, I'd say I hope he's gone, and I'd say the Hawks are one of the few franchises in the world who can still afford to do cut his ass.  They've already won 3 Cups with him; wouldn't be surprised to see some organizational arrogance that sets out to win at least 2 more without him and not tarnish their brand by going through the muck like the Ravens, which is their only option if they want to keep him and I really don't want to see that play out.  Not for this fucking spoiled, embarrassing ingrate.   As long as this team still has Toews I wouldn't rule it out.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs