News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Angiogenesis, you crazy mixed-up thing  ( 4,046 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Angiogenesis, you crazy mixed-up thing
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:00:44 AM »
Old news by now, but I thought it should be memorialized here all the same.

Frances O. Kennedy, antibusiness flunky.

Watch out, Hatch; it's going to take a while to get a signal to Kolob.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Angiogenesis, you crazy mixed-up thing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »
Quoth Megan McArdle:

QuoteThe FDA is notoriously risk averse when it comes to new drugs, a legacy of events like the Thalidomide horrors, when pointless foot-dragging on the approval accidentally protected American mothers from limbless babies.

Yes, asking whether it could cross the placenta is so typically... Progressive. Time to unwind that whole "clinical trials" rigamarole.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Angiogenesis, you crazy mixed-up thing
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 10, 2015, 04:59:13 PM
Quoth Megan McArdle:

QuoteThe FDA is notoriously risk averse when it comes to new drugs, a legacy of events like the Thalidomide horrors, when pointless foot-dragging on the approval accidentally protected American mothers from limbless babies.

Yes, asking whether it could cross the placenta is so typically... Progressive. Time to unwind that whole "clinical trials" rigamarole.

QuoteMoreover, though it may sound un-libertarian, I'm not clear why the companies are in charge of the drug testing

Um...speaking as a former employee of a CRO, they usually aren't. They just finance the thing. A third party runs the testing.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck