News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2015-2016 Derek Rose Broke Something so it's time for the NBA thread  ( 18,352 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Karma, dude
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2015-2016 Derek Rose Broke Something so it's time for the NBA thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
In the face.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
Here's a nice distraction from tonight's game.

Jimmy Butler Reportedly Doesn't Respect Derrick Rose's Work Ethic
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 07, 2015, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2015, 03:13:45 PM

Jimmy Butler Reportedly Doesn't Respect Derrick Rose  's Work Ethic

Fixed.

Joe Cowley pushes so much anti-Rose bullshit that I just don't buy any of it. It may even be true, I just won't listen to anything that particular asswipe has to say about him.

He responded to fans complaining about Kirk Hinrich's playing time last year with a  bizarre twitter rant about Rose. Everything comes back to him hating the guy.

Find me another source and I'll listen.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 04:53:12 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 07, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

Fixed.

Joe Cowley pushes so much anti-Rose bullshit that I just don't buy any of it. It may even be true, I just won't listen to anything that particular asswipe has to say about him.

He responded to fans complaining about Kirk Hinrich's playing time last year with a  bizarre twitter rant about Rose. Everything comes back to him hating the guy.

If I were a Bulls fan I would hate Derrick Rose at this point. As a non-Bulls fan, I strongly dislike him. Hate is too strong because he's basically a distraction and money pit on a divisional rival. Every underwhelming playoff performance and puzzling media session is good for me personally so I don't ever want him to go away.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »

Fixed.

The relationship between fans and specific local media members in Chicago, particularly on this messageboard, never ceases to amaze me.

There are always a couple local guys everywhere I've lived that have some reputation and cause you to look at their reporting with some slant, but in Chicago, it's basically every single guy (positive or negative.)

Remarkable, really.   

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 11:19:54 PM »

Fixed.

For the record, I've never heard anything Joe Cowley had to say about Jimmy Butler.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 11:39:09 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 07, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

Fixed.

If I were a Bulls fan I would hate Derrick Rose at this point. As a non-Bulls fan, I strongly dislike him. Hate is too strong because he's basically a distraction and money pit on a divisional rival. Every underwhelming playoff performance and puzzling media session is good for me personally so I don't ever want him to go away.

I don't like Rose at all. I like Joe Cowley even less
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 12:55:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 07, 2015, 11:39:09 PM

Fixed.

He should've been launched long ago for proving on Twitter that he's an awful human being. He's scum and I've tried to avoid him whenever possible ever since. It bothers me that he still has that job.

I feel the same way about serial drunk driver and proud Kyardnulls announcer Teflon Dan McLaughlin, who luckily (for him, not so much for the driving public of St. Louis) works for a team where driving drunk is a résumé enhancement and grounds for sainthood.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 07:51:35 AM »

Fixed.

This makes sense. I've supported mediocre or even repugnant athletes for similar reasons too.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 07:55:16 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 08, 2015, 07:51:35 AM

Fixed.

This makes sense. I've supported mediocre or even repugnant athletes for similar reasons too.

If Woj or our old friend KD or basically anyone else with any kind of credibility in the NBA said Butler said that I'd have no trouble believing it. I just don't give a shit what Cowley has to say about it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »
That was a great win last night and Derek Rose was totally awesome, particularly in the 4th. 

Just saying.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 12:31:13 PM »
The underlying point that Derek Rose needs to be healthy to be explosive to be effective is valid and all, but Cal's "Derek Rose has a low pain tolerance" comment along with Rose's response of "Meh, I love Cal" and the implication that Cal is basically right is all just another super awful chapter in this saga. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/john-calipari-on-derrick-rose---he-doesn-t-have-a-real-high-pain-threshold-194736749.html