News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Narcos  ( 2,222 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Narcos
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:18:23 AM »
Anybody else watching this Pablo Escobar thing?  I don't really think much of the DEA-agent and wife angle, and Boyd Holbrook always looks to me as though there might be something slightly out of whack, chromosomally-speaking, but the rest of it is very good indeed, so far.  It manages to pull off the "being set in a different decade without making a big fucking deal out of it" quite nicely, too.

Although he's almost unrecognisable in the role, Escobar is played by Wagner Moura, and I could watch him all day long.  I've seen him before in the two Brazilian "Elite Squad" cop movies, both of which I really, really enjoyed.  They're also on Netflix, so check them out: brutal and gripping in equal measure.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Narcos
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 01, 2015, 05:18:23 AM
Anybody else watching this Pablo Escobar thing?  I don't really think much of the DEA-agent and wife angle, and Boyd Holbrook always looks to me as though there might be something slightly out of whack, chromosomally-speaking, but the rest of it is very good indeed, so far.  It manages to pull off the "being set in a different decade without making a big fucking deal out of it" quite nicely, too.

Although he's almost unrecognisable in the role, Escobar is played by Wagner Moura, and I could watch him all day long.  I've seen him before in the two Brazilian "Elite Squad" cop movies, both of which I really, really enjoyed.  They're also on Netflix, so check them out: brutal and gripping in equal measure.

This show was absolutely fantastic. That's really all you can say about it and Moura's performance.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 03:03:51 AM »
Recently got into this as well. The voiceover is becoming a parody of itself but I still really like this show.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 10:26:07 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 01, 2016, 03:03:51 AM
Recently got into this as well. The voiceover is becoming a parody of itself but I still really like this show.

Watched Season 1. It was good. Felt a little paint-by-the-numbers, but still good.

Season 2 is a chore.  3 eps in and it's become a laundry folding show.