News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Breakfast  ( 32,951 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Breakfast
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 13, 2012, 09:09:07 AM
How is it that this thread was never Ratto'd? A review of the posts on page 1 was quite sad to see who we've lost.

Also, avoid Max & Benny's these days for breakfast.  Eggs are quite bland. Eggshell Cafe on Lake Cook is far better.

That's really depressing information.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »
Recently had brunch at nana's.  Rediculously good biscuits and gravy.  Also chorizo eggs benedict.

The brunch at Jane's was great as well.  So was the brunch at Francessca's on North/Milwaukee/Damen.

Guess I've been on a brunch kick the last couple of months.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »

Kanela Breakfast Club at Clark and Belmont (old Orange site) has been added to the local S+G and Harmony rotation (if we get into the playoffs, we could win the whole thing).  The chocolate covered bacon waffle gets the attention, but everything else is really good (especially the loukamades).  Good coffee too.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 13, 2012, 10:22:21 AM

Kanela Breakfast Club at Clark and Belmont (old Orange site) has been added to the local S+G and Harmony rotation (if we get into the playoffs, we could win the whole thing).  The chocolate covered bacon waffle gets the attention, but everything else is really good (especially the loukamades).  Good coffee too.

Ooohh!!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 13, 2012, 10:25:56 AM
Quote from: thehawk on March 13, 2012, 10:22:21 AM

Ooohh!!!!

It's not in Northbrook, though.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
For the Loop worker bees...

SkrineChops breakfast sandwich.
8 oz. grilled porkchop, scrambled eggs, cheese, yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes, thin slice of red onion on a grilled kaiser roll.

You'll be asleep at your desk in an hour.

(or you can get it with a grilled ribeye)
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »
Quote from: flannj on March 13, 2012, 10:48:29 AM

8 oz. grilled porkchop, scrambled eggs, cheese, yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes, thin slice of red onion on a grilled kaiser roll.

SkrineChops is just so full of awesomeness.  I feel like no one ever talks about it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 13, 2012, 11:07:01 AM

SkrineChops is just so full of awesomeness.  I feel like no one ever talks about it.

Check the Mom's Basement thread
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 13, 2012, 08:50:56 AM
It saddens me that this thread has fallen by the wayside.  Over the past 8 months or so, I have a new appreciation for breaking my overnight fast each day.

Some of my favorites:

Greek sausage omelet at Lou Mitchell's.
Jambalaya omelet at Wishbone.
Skirt steak and eggs at S&G (Hawk knows what's up).

What else is out there?

Quote from: Wishbone's Menu
Jambalaya Omelette
Cajun stew with smoked chicken, chicken andouille sausage, peppers, onion & tomato.

Holy hell, that sounds good. 

I used to work at Jackson & Halsted and when I had time for a longer lunch, I'd walk over to Wishbone.
Always an enjoyable lunch.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 13, 2012, 11:24:48 AM
It saddens me that this thread has fallen by the wayside.  Over the past 8 months or so, I have a new appreciation for breaking my overnight fast each day.

Some of my favorites:

What else is out there?

Jambalaya Omelette
Cajun stew with smoked chicken, chicken andouille sausage, peppers, onion & tomato.

I used to work at Jackson & Halsted and when I had time for a longer lunch, I'd walk over to Wishbone Harpo Studios, in the hopes that I'd get in to the audience for that day's taping and win a free golf cart Always an enjoyable lunch.

Oprahworld'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck on March 21, 2005, 09:23:39 AM
Gimme the apple pancake at Walker Brothers with a Just Picked Omelet (omelet slathered with hot apple slices) over at Mitchell's on Racine.

Then, give me a sesame bagel with belly lox smothered in chive cream cheese from Essa Bagel at 51st and 3rd in NYC.

And the wheat pancakes at any of the Egg Harbor's in the Chicago area are keepers.

DPD.

We've hit up the Walker Brothers on Roselle--which is nowhere near a train station, incidentally-- and we'll continue to do so.  Good eggs, and family-friendly.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 13, 2012, 11:24:48 AM

Some of my favorites:

What else is out there?

Jambalaya Omelette

I used to work at Jackson & Halsted and when I had time for a longer lunch, I'd walk over to Wishbone.
Always an enjoyable lunch.

I spend about 1.5 hours at Wishbone every Thursday morning.  The place is generally empty.  I get all the coffee I can drink.  I order a breakfast and just chill and work.  Free wi-fi.  Unfortunately, the jambalaya omelet is only available on the weekends.  But, they do have other deliciousness.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 13, 2012, 12:05:58 PM
Quote from: Chuck on March 21, 2005, 09:23:39 AM
Gimme the apple pancake at Walker Brothers with a Just Picked Omelet (omelet slathered with hot apple slices) over at Mitchell's on Racine.

Then, give me a sesame bagel with belly lox smothered in chive cream cheese from Essa Bagel at 51st and 3rd in NYC.

And the wheat pancakes at any of the Egg Harbor's in the Chicago area are keepers.

DPD.

We've hit up the Walker Brothers on Roselle--which is nowhere near a train station, incidentally-- and we'll continue to do so.  Good eggs, and family-friendly.

That's okay, my friend who lives in the suburbs says this isn't an important criteria.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 13, 2012, 11:11:50 AM
Quote from: Oleg on March 13, 2012, 11:07:01 AM

Check the Mom's Basement thread

No.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 12:42:30 PM »
Y'all are making a return trip to Chicago sorely tempting right now.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.