News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Courtney Love Outlasts Another One  ( 1,072 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Courtney Love Outlasts Another One
« on: December 03, 2015, 11:25:17 PM »
Apparently Scott Weiland just ripped off other, better Grunge vocalists ideas one last time.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Courtney Love Outlasts Another One
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
I love how people are falling over themselves on Twitter with teh sads.  I'm no music geek, but if I recall correctly he--and STP--was considered sort of a poseur in the wake of the initial grunge wave in the early 90's.  Bort's comment would seem to validate that recollection.  Maybe the passage of time has simply been kind.  Death doesn't hurt either.

Also, people saying he died too soon.  Come on--I was picking this guy in the Dead Pool as far back as 1999.  He died 15 years too late for my liking!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:41:03 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 04, 2015, 09:00:03 AM
I love how people are falling over themselves on Twitter with teh sads.  I'm no music geek, but if I recall correctly he--and STP--was considered sort of a poseur in the wake of the initial grunge wave in the early 90's.  Bort's comment would seem to validate that recollection.  Maybe the passage of time has simply been kind.  Death doesn't hurt either.

Also, people saying he died too soon.  Come on--I was picking this guy in the Dead Pool as far back as 1999.  He died 15 years too late for my liking!

Oh, when they first broke by ripping off Pearl Jam before Creed did it, they were being called "Clone Temple Pilots". Then eventually they settled into more of a power-pop style which was actually pretty damn good.

And the Velvet Revolver albums were a pretty pure form of Cock Rock.

He did some great stuff. But like Huard, I'm pretty sure he was in my picks more than once.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »
I seriously thought he died like two years ago.

They had some good songs. If Interstate Love Song comes on the radio, I'll turn it up. They weren't Pearl Jam or Soundgarden, but they were way better than Bush or Live or those other shitty bands.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »
Through high school and freshman year of college, I spent my summers as a camp counselor. 
Usually for kids in the 5th grade age range (10-11.) 

One summer (either '93 or '94, I believe) we had to put on a talent show and my kids wanted to do a rock lip sync. 

When we told staff what we were going to do they said "Fine, just don't break the instruments afterwards. That sets a bad message for the younger kids."

So we did "Plush" and afterwards the kids broke their fake instruments and we laughed and laughed and only got in a little bit of trouble.

/penstory.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
In retrospect, I should have titled this "Dead and Bloated."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck