News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The "Jason Heyward Drinks Delicious Cardinal Tears" Sploogetime Thread  ( 39,996 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The "Jason Heyward Drinks Delicious Cardinal Tears" Sploogetime Thread
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 22, 2018, 09:43:33 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2018, 09:40:57 AM
but really though it's great that he's hitting because he's an eminently likeable dude and the skillset of Good Jason Heyward is exactly the thing this offense has missed at times, which is, y'know, why they signed him in the first place.

I like him a ton - and I'm glad he's finally hitting. But, I mean, they're still paying 28 million to a guy projected to hit 25 doubles, 7 triples, and 9 homers this season.

I don't give a shit how much of a billionaire's money he's making and they can afford it. People always want to point at under-performing free agents on big contracts as some kind of horrible burden on the team while ignoring that Kris Bryant makes like, 1/100th of his actual value on his current contract. If Heyward's an above-average hitter overall with his defense and base-running he's a 4+ win player. That's why they signed him, and if you go by the accepted 1 Win=8 millionish valuation that fangraphs uses a 4 win player would be worth 32 million on the open market, so he's a bargain then.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2018, 12:06:05 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 22, 2018, 01:32:07 AM
Bumped to point out that JHey currently has an OPS higher than Ballgame, Bodie, the Colonel, 1060 and JIMMY BUTTHOLE, and is only .003 behind BRONZE BITS.  In short, he's an actual productive member of a major league outfield.  I heartily, heartily positive this.

Except JHey, I don't know who any of these people are.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2018, 12:45:37 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 22, 2018, 12:06:05 PM
Quote from: Tonker on June 22, 2018, 01:32:07 AM
Bumped to point out that JHey currently has an OPS higher than Ballgame, Bodie, the Colonel, 1060 and JIMMY BUTTHOLE, and is only .003 behind BRONZE BITS.  In short, he's an actual productive member of a major league outfield.  I heartily, heartily positive this.

Except JHey, I don't know who any of these people are.

I can help here.  "Ballgame" is a reference to Ted Williams.  "Bodie" is the skier, Bodie Miller. "The Colonel" is Colonel Sanders.  "!060" is an inaccurate reference to the Battle of Hastings, so it refers to some guy named Hastings.  "Jimmy Butthole" is a reference to my brother in law, but don't ask me how he knows him and "Bronze Bits" is anybody's guess.  You are welcome.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2018, 08:51:48 AM »
This morning's WAR, according to Fangraphs...

Jason Heyward = 2.0
Bryce Harper = 1.4
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 25, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
This morning's WAR, according to Fangraphs...

Jason Heyward = 2.0
Bryce Harper = 1.4

I hope he doesn't opt out.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2018, 07:29:51 PM »
Bump for runs!  Glorious runs!  Two of them!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?