News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: STAR WARS EPISODE 7: THE SPOILERS AWAKEN  ( 20,782 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: STAR WARS EPISODE 7: THE SPOILERS AWAKEN
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 07, 2016, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 07, 2016, 03:07:48 PM
The first half, where he fires back at Prequel Apologists, is great.

Yes, but why is that in a 1:45:00 long TFA review?

And, it wasn't very funny. The RLM stuff is usually very amusing. This was very meh.

Right, I think he wanted to film "Plinkett Responds to the Prequel Apologists", and instead did "The Force Awakens Review" even though he liked the movie because people expected him to make one, which is ironic, given how he rants against the evils of franchising.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »

Cool... I could watch prequel bashing all day.

After that, though, saying "did we really need all of this diversity, kids never cared before about this shit, only adults care about diversity in characters" is patent bullshit and a really white guy way of thinking about things.

Crap... maybe I'll skip this then.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2016, 08:01:02 AM

After that, though, saying "did we really need all of this diversity, kids never cared before about this shit, only adults care about diversity in characters" is patent bullshit and a really white guy way of thinking about things.

Honestly, I think Plinkett has overstayed his welcome, or maybe I've outgrown him.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2016, 07:13:36 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 09, 2016, 12:43:58 PM

Honestly, I think Plinkett has overstayed his welcome, or maybe I've outgrown him.

Half in the Bag is quite good. This just wasn't up to snuff.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2016, 08:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 09, 2016, 07:13:36 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 09, 2016, 12:43:58 PM

Half in the Bag is quite good. This just wasn't up to snuff.

Agreed. The Half in the Bag Review of TFA when they were all just giving an honest opinion of the movie was far better than this really kinda forced production
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
Yeah this still looks really fucking cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 28, 2015, 10:04:55 AM
Captain Phasma: "I hope you don't think you're going to get away with this." -- while she's turning off the shield and raising their win expectancy about 1000% almost killed the movie for me. That's one guileless supervillain. She must have been blowing Hux or plowing his ass with a giant robo penis and filming it to stay employed if that's the way she performs her job. What a waste of Gwen Christie's ability to be bad as fuck. She slew The Hound (greatly diminished in strength due to infected wounds, natch) and this is all she could muster up when three dipshits with blasters invade her giant starkilling weapons reactor?

Hey so two years later they addressed this apparently by having a book about Phasma where she's raised on a hellish warrior planet and is really only concerned with her own survival and while she plays the part of devoted First Order person well she is in no way willing to die for it if she can avoid it. In the book she literally hunts down and kills the one First Order officer who could have verified that she was the one to lower the shield.

Not that anyone still cared at this point but Disney apparently did agree with Peck that this needed to be addressed somehow.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
I realize now that cinematic "Star Wars"  is the new literature. It is analyzed and parsed the way that academics study Shakespeare.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2017, 12:02:08 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 21, 2017, 11:54:53 AM
I realize now that cinematic "Star Wars"  is the new literature. It is analyzed and parsed the way that academics study Shakespeare.

Because Shakespeare's stuff is also a bunch of action and humor aimed at general audiences that has only become some kind of signifier of culture or some great literary accomplishment with the passage of time? Shakespeare wasn't trying to write masterpieces, he wrote a bunch of dick jokes to fill a theater.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »

I'll just leave this here.
M'lady.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2017, 05:32:16 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 21, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

I'll just leave this here.
I resteth my case.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)