News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Making a Murderer  ( 7,049 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Making a Murderer
« on: December 30, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »
Great if you want to hate this world. I'm only 3 episodes in and it has done the whole Serial thing of "Did he do it? I think he did. No way he did it. What the fuck?" and I won't google to find out the end game.

Synopsis: Guy who was wrongfully convicted of sexual assault in 1985 is released after 18 years in prison. He sues the local county sheriff's office, then is accused of the murder of a woman who disappeared

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Making a Murderer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:38:10 AM »
Who "doesn't own underpants?"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 06:38:59 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 31, 2015, 12:38:10 AM

I got a nice chuckle out of that.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 07:05:21 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 31, 2015, 12:38:10 AM

I did laugh at that as well.

But seriously this show is fucked up. This guy definitely isn't bright but you'd have to be the biggest fucking idiot in the world to have committed this murder and "hid" the evidence where he allegedly did.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »
Jesus. I'm through Ep 5 and this is just heart-wrenching. I think someone should be examining the family's water for heavy metals. I'd guess that there's some severe lead poisoning going on (maybe batteries from the auto salvage?). But I'm sure they're completely mistrustful of anyone from the government at this point. And rightfully so.

Brendan is obviously functionally retarded. I figured he was blissfully ignorant. He'd just say whatever so he could turn in his project and get home to watch some wrestling.

And then there's that moment where he's talking to his mom about why he confessed to things he didn't do and he says "Cause I'm stupid."

Man. He's not blissfully ignorant. He fucking knows. Poor kid.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 31, 2015, 01:22:52 PM
Jesus. I'm through Ep 5 and this is just heart-wrenching. I think someone should be examining the family's water for heavy metals. I'd guess that there's some severe lead poisoning going on (maybe batteries from the auto salvage?). But I'm sure they're completely mistrustful of anyone from the government at this point. And rightfully so.

Brendan is obviously functionally retarded. I figured he was blissfully ignorant. He'd just say whatever so he could turn in his project and get home to watch some wrestling.

And then there's that moment where he's talking to his mom about why he confessed to things he didn't do and he says "Cause I'm stupid."

I feel absolutely terrible for that kid. Fuck, even if he did do it it's obviously because he can't make a decision for himself and would do what anyone he trusted told him to do. The phone call with his mom where he wanted to make sure his dad was taping Wrestlemania fucking crushed me. Kid has no idea what all of these people are doing to him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 31, 2015, 01:41:58 PM

I feel absolutely terrible for that kid. Fuck, even if he did do it it's obviously because he can't make a decision for himself and would do what anyone he trusted told him to do. The phone call with his mom where he wanted to make sure his dad was taping Wrestlemania fucking crushed me. Kid has no idea what all of these people are doing to him.

Brendan is absolutely the most tragic figure in the story (well other than Teresa Halbach, of course). Just made me sick to my stomach.

There are plenty of candidates for biggest pieces of shit in the story, but my votes go to Ken Kravitz and Len Kachinsky, who

SPOILERS LINKED BELOW

Look like they're really hurting from the role they played in the cases.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 02:45:35 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 31, 2015, 03:56:09 PM

Brendan is absolutely the most tragic figure in the story (well other than Teresa Halbach, of course). Just made me sick to my stomach.

There are plenty of candidates for biggest pieces of shit in the story, but my votes go to Ken Kravitz and Len Kachinsky, who

SPOILERS LINKED BELOW

Michael O'Kelly made a strong sprint to the finish. I think he might have taken the prize.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »
I'd like to revise my deadpool

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 01, 2016, 02:45:35 PM

SPOILERS LINKED BELOW

Michael O'Kelly made a strong sprint to the finish. I think he might have taken the prize.

Holy fucking shit, fuck that dude

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 11:17:15 PM »

I am not reading any of this thread.
Mrs. flannj and I just finished watching the fourth episode.

Holy shit.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 03, 2016, 11:17:15 PM

I am not reading any of this thread.
Mrs. flannj and I just finished watching the fourth episode.

Holy shit.

Just finished 7. I'm finishing it tonight because... oh my god.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 08:59:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 03, 2016, 07:22:06 PM

SPOILERS LINKED BELOW

He's sitting there on the stand crying over the goddamn blue ribbon tied to Teresa's tree, with not a whit of remorse for what he did to Brendan. Does he even realize the purpose of him being called to testify?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:05 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 04, 2016, 08:59:52 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 03, 2016, 07:22:06 PM

SPOILERS LINKED BELOW

He's sitting there on the stand crying over the goddamn blue ribbon tied to Teresa's tree, with not a whit of remorse for what he did to Brendan. Does he even realize the purpose of him being called to testify?

I am not a lawyer, maybe one of the Desipio lawyers or Gil can explain how the same judge can dismiss Brendan's lawyer for his incompetence in letting Brendan be interrogated by police without a lawyer present, and yet also deny him a new trial when all of the evidence surfaced that his lawyer and his lawyer's investigator were sitting there e-mailing each other about how they had to bring the family down? It's exceedingly obvious that Brendan was fucked from the very beginning with a lawyer who wanted him to be guilty

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 10:17:24 AM »
I was thinking that this reminded me a little bit of "Dear Zachary." I didn't think I'd ever be affected by a movie like I was with that. I still haven't, but I think this was pretty close.

You get the same basic recipe of tragic crime crossed with government incompetence. Same simultaneous feeling of dooooom/devastation/pity/helplessness/rage, but Making a Murderer is a slower burn spread out across a few episodes.

Dear Zachary made me want to vomit and forget I'd ever watched it.

This made me pull my hair out and scream profanities at the TV but I couldn't wait to watch the next episode.