News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Listenable  ( 15,137 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Listenable
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2018, 11:31:11 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 13, 2018, 03:21:38 PM
Know what? Either I don't mind Coomer as much these days, or he's actually become listenable.

He's got decent pipes, says intelligent things more frequently, and is fat. What's not to like?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2018, 03:27:27 AM »
Know what? Either I don't mind Coomer as much these days, or he's actually become listenable.

I'm absolutely fine with Coomer.  Zaidman, on the other hand, sounds like he's permanently terrified of saying anything interesting.  I wonder if anybody's explained to him what color commentary means?  Most of the time he's doing play-by-play, badly, long after Pat's already taken care of it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2018, 09:10:12 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 14, 2018, 03:27:27 AM

I'm absolutely fine with Coomer.  Zaidman, on the other hand, sounds like he's permanently terrified of saying anything interesting.  I wonder if anybody's explained to him what color commentary means?  Most of the time he's doing play-by-play, badly, long after Pat's already taken care of it.

He's a color commentator whose color happens to be beige.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »
Yeah, Coomer has improved.  Granted, he began with a pretty low bar--and he's still not that great-- but I'll give him credit for improving.  Not as many brainless "I agree, Pat"'s, and pointless giggling that there were in the beginning.  He still resorts to ham-handed platitudes like many ex-jock-turned-ballplayers but his analysis has in fact gotten sharper than it was (like I said, low bar).  Compared to Jim Desahies, he sucks but considering how long we were cruelly exposed to the pointless exercise of  propping up Ron Santo--who had no absolutely interest in edifying the listeners--I shouldn't really complain about Coomer.

And Zaidman's terrible.  I miss Mark Grote.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »
JD:
"Wisdom strikes out. Sounds like a bumper sticker."

At the end of every regular season I get a little bummed about missing our daily comfort broadcasts.
Playoff announcing sucks.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2018, 08:41:11 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 30, 2018, 06:24:49 PM
JD:
"Wisdom strikes out. Sounds like a bumper sticker."

At the end of every regular season I get a little bummed about missing our daily comfort broadcasts.
Playoff announcing sucks.

Another JD gem: "Martinez approaches the ball as if it were a rapid possum"
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »
The CBC's "Spark" on umps and robo-umps.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!