News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno  ( 41,114 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 06, 2016, 08:49:56 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 06, 2016, 08:43:55 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 05, 2016, 09:05:50 PM
Still, Lackey was acquired for the postseason. 

I'll go into his first postseason start hoping they can score 10 runs to overcome the high likelihood that he shits the bed (and then screams at the shit for being in the bed in the first place).

I enjoyed his lazy ass watching that ball bounce off the backstop as Hamilton raced home, and I'm sure he'll remember that the next time he's yelling at some dude admiring a 500 foot homer they hit off of one of his belt high fastballs to run the bases.

He's got a loooooong memory. *spits tobacco* *grunts* *mouth remains open throughout*
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 06, 2016, 08:49:56 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 06, 2016, 08:43:55 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 05, 2016, 09:05:50 PM
Still, Lackey was acquired for the postseason. 

I'll go into his first postseason start hoping they can score 10 runs to overcome the high likelihood that he shits the bed (and then screams at the shit for being in the bed in the first place).

I enjoyed his lazy ass watching that ball bounce off the backstop as Hamilton raced home, and I'm sure he'll remember that the next time he's yelling at some dude admiring a 500 foot homer they hit off of one of his belt high fastballs to run the bases.

Seemed more like sulking than lazy, if that matters.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2016, 07:38:59 PM »
Ok, I'm officially on the hate train with the mouthbreathing, inbred hickerbillie. Can we just trade for another starter and kick his ass to the curb please?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on July 23, 2016, 07:38:59 PM
Ok, I'm officially on the hate train with the mouthbreathing, inbred hickerbillie. Can we just trade for another starter and kick his ass to the curb please?
Where is the "like" button?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2016, 04:21:30 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on July 23, 2016, 07:38:59 PM

Really?  A quality start tipped you over the edge?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2016, 09:31:07 AM »
I hate Lackey a lot but he wasn't really the issue last night.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »
Good game tonight. Good to know the Cubs only need 6 innings out of him each game from here on out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »
Nice pitch, you red-assed redneck.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 03, 2016, 03:19:03 PM
Nice pitch, you red-assed redneck.

.561 career OPS for Mathis, though that'll now go up a tick thanks to mouthbreath.

And yes, bullshit tolerators, 7 IP, 3 ER is still a respectable outing for a back of the rotation blah blah, give up a 2 run dinger to Stanton instead. Give up Dingers The Right WayTM
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »
After the game, Lackey was asked about expectations.

He answered, "We want to win the World Series. I didn't come here for a haircut...I came here for jewelry."

Don't make me love you, you Napoleon Dynamite-looking motherfucker.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2016, 01:32:08 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 03, 2016, 08:26:08 PM

He answered, "We want to win the World Series. I didn't come here for a haircut...I came here for jewelry."

That makes you love him?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 04, 2016, 01:32:08 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 03, 2016, 08:26:08 PM

That makes you love him?

Guys not wanting to mention the ultimate goal (for instance, it's pretty taboo for hockey players to even mention the Stanley Cup) gets tiresome. I want guys being upfront about it. You can only hit what you aim for.
TIME TO POST!

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2016, 10:46:22 PM »
I've gotta say I do love his attitude towards the game, but I think watching tonight's interview was the 1st time I've heard him talk. WOW, talk about an inbread, halfwit moron. He looks like he has no clue wtf is going on around him. Someone needs to photoshop a a pillow behind his head for the picture on Bleacher Report of his interview. Looks like he's sleeping in the interview, full-on mouthbreathing glory.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2016, 11:42:03 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 27, 2016, 10:46:22 PM
I've gotta say I do love his attitude towards the game, but I think watching tonight's interview was the 1st time I've heard him talk. WOW, talk about an inbread, halfwit moron. He looks like he has no clue wtf is going on around him. Someone needs to photoshop a a pillow behind his head for the picture on Bleacher Report of his interview. Looks like he's sleeping in the interview, full-on mouthbreathing glory.

I am dead.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 27, 2016, 11:42:03 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 27, 2016, 10:46:22 PM

I am indead.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck