News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno  ( 41,071 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2017, 11:23:06 AM
Oh if Bryant just seriously injured himself I am on the ledge again. Over the ledge. Can't even see the ledge, it's a long way down.

Snap the fuck out of it. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2017, 12:36:28 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on July 19, 2017, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2017, 11:23:06 AM
Oh if Bryant just seriously injured himself I am on the ledge again. Over the ledge. Can't even see the ledge, it's a long way down.

Snap the fuck out of it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjEpLoL0ls
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
I just finished reading The Cubs Way, which was very enjoyable. In the book, Lester talks about how, most years, it takes a pitcher around 100 innings to get comfortable with his mechanics.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 19, 2017, 04:33:27 PM
I just finished reading The Cubs Way, which was very enjoyable. In the book, Lester talks about how, most years, it takes a pitcher around 100 innings to get comfortable with his mechanics.

How many innings does it take to decide we want someone FIREBARNed?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2017, 06:56:45 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 19, 2017, 05:47:20 PM

How many innings does it take to decide we want someone FIREBARNed?

I'm thinking 0, +/- a few.
M'lady.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2017, 12:11:55 AM »

Particularly in auto racing.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
"Yes, hello, Firebarn Industrial Supply? Do you offer volume discounts?"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2017, 03:10:14 PM »
He should be forced to pitch in a barbed-wire jockstrap.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2017, 03:28:35 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 25, 2017, 03:10:14 PM

Joe should have PH for him with RISP in the 5th and Lackey clearly having completely lost his command and being at 80 pitches and also being old and shitty. We'll see how this works out
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2017, 03:28:35 PM

Joe should have PH for him with RISP in the 5th and Lackey clearly having completely lost his command and being at 80 pitches and also being old and shitty. We'll see how this works out

Poorly. it worked out fucking poorly. I like Joe but he's got to get over this herp-derp Lackey has veteran gumption nonsense. He should have a shorter leash than Jason Hammel ever got.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2017, 03:32:45 PM

Poorly. it worked out fucking poorly. I like Joe but he's got to get over this herp-derp Lackey has veteran gumption nonsense. He should have a shorter leash than Jason Hammel ever got.

He had to milk Lackey a little more than was desirable today because he needed 4 2/3 innings from the bullpen yesterday. As it is, he needs 4 today. Hopefully Jake has 7 to give tomorrow.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 25, 2017, 04:33:16 PM

He had to milk Lackey a little more than was desirable today because he needed 4 2/3 innings from the bullpen yesterday. As it is, he needs 4 today. Hopefully Jake has 7 to give tomorrow.
My theory?   Maddon left him in long enough to get the win and look better at trade time.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »

Fucking THIS. And I'm pretty sure Jason Hammel just felt chills, wherever he is.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2017, 01:26:28 AM »
I don't know what kind of deal Jesse Rogers has going with John Lackey, but this bizarre story arguing he should stay in the rotation is some major league bullshit toleration.

Maddon is right in one respect: The Cubs have enough in their rotation right now to win their division. That includes John Lackey, who won his seventh game Tuesday while lowering his ERA under 5.00 for the first time in a month. You can view his four hit batters on Tuesday -- three of which came in one inning -- as a negative, but he gave up only two runs over five innings. He'll take the positives in that.

He made that pitch to Tim Anderson in the fifth inning, inducing a groundout to strand all three runners. Sure, Lackey is the first Cub to hit four batters in a game since 1957. But what's the difference if none of them scored?

Lackey left after allowing the first two batters on base in the sixth, but his pitching line was saved when reliever Carl Edwards Jr. escaped the jam unscathed. And that's the bottom line with Lackey right now: It isn't going to be pretty, but he can still get the job done as the No. 5 pitcher in the rotation.

How his conclusion is "gee, John sure can get it done!" instead of "damn, John sure is lucky Carl Edwards saved his ass" is beyond me. Plus, if Tim Anderson wasn't such a slapdick John easily could have given up 8 runs today. I'll save two spots in the firebarn so Jesse can join his buddy.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: July 26, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 26, 2017, 01:26:28 AM
I don't know what kind of deal Jesse Rogers has going with John Lackey, but this bizarre story arguing he should stay in the rotation is some major league bullshit toleration.

Maddon is right in one respect: The Cubs have enough in their rotation right now to win their division. That includes John Lackey, who won his seventh game Tuesday while lowering his ERA under 5.00 for the first time in a month. You can view his four hit batters on Tuesday -- three of which came in one inning -- as a negative, but he gave up only two runs over five innings. He'll take the positives in that.

He made that pitch to Tim Anderson in the fifth inning, inducing a groundout to strand all three runners. Sure, Lackey is the first Cub to hit four batters in a game since 1957. But what's the difference if none of them scored?

Lackey left after allowing the first two batters on base in the sixth, but his pitching line was saved when reliever Carl Edwards Jr. escaped the jam unscathed. And that's the bottom line with Lackey right now: It isn't going to be pretty, but he can still get the job done as the No. 5 pitcher in the rotation.

How his conclusion is "gee, John sure can get it done!" instead of "damn, John sure is lucky Carl Edwards saved his ass" is beyond me. Plus, if Tim Anderson wasn't such a slapdick John easily could have given up 8 runs today. I'll save two spots in the firebarn so Jesse can join his buddy.

Does Jesse not realize the White Sox fucking suck? He gave up two hits and a walk to Omar Narvaez and his .664 OPS, gave up a hit to Anderson (.630), and a fucking scorched doubled by Carlos Rodon. Any team with an actual major league offense probably puts up 5-6 runs on him there.