News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: This. Fucking. Bullpen.  ( 48,097 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: This. Fucking. Bullpen.
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2017, 08:37:54 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 09, 2017, 01:59:51 AM
Dylan Floro will try to live up to the high expectations that come with donning Brian Matusz's George Mitterwald's #15.

#NeverForget
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 09, 2017, 01:59:51 AM
Dylan Floro will try to live up to the high expectations that come with donning Brian Matusz's #15.

Already exceeded them
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »
Wade Davis is the most amazing closer I have ever seen. He doesn't even break a sweat out there. Even the one time he seemed like he even had the possibility of blowing it, after Willson and Rizzo let that disaster happen in STL, he just yawned and took down Fat Adams like it was nothing. Cutter, Cutter, Cutter, let's go home boys.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2017, 08:22:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 08:14:38 AM
Wade Davis is the most amazing closer I have ever seen. He doesn't even break a sweat out there. Even the one time he seemed like he even had the possibility of blowing it, after Willson and Rizzo let that disaster happen in STL, he just yawned and took down Fat Adams like it was nothing. Cutter, Cutter, Cutter, let's go home boys.

Too bad he's being wasted on a team that can't seem to get it together. I'm not saying it's too late by any means, but it's frustrating to see them stumble along.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2017, 08:35:44 AM »

If Theo wanted to extend him, I'd be OK with it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 17, 2017, 08:22:02 AM

Too bad he's being wasted on a team that can't seem to get it together. I'm not saying it's too late by any means, but it's frustrating to see them stumble along.

Oh I know, dude. They're 19-19 in May, to find a team that was .500 at this point in the season and made, say, a league Championship Series you'd have to go all of the way back to last year. To find a team that was 19-19 and managed to win the NLC a year after making it to the World Series you gotta go all of the way back to 2014 . To find a team that was .500 this late in the year (or even, like, a month and a half later) and made the world series you gotta go all of the way back to 2015.

Such a waste.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 08:42:31 AM

Oh I know, dude. They're 19-19 in May, to find a team that was .500 at this point in the season and made, say, a league Championship Series you'd have to go all of the way back to last year. To find a team that was 19-19 and managed to win the NLC a year after making it to the World Series you gotta go all of the way back to 2014 . To find a team that was .500 this late in the year (or even, like, a month and a half later) and made the world series you gotta go all of the way back to 2015.

Such a waste.

I did have the thought, last night, that choosing any time on this homestand for Davis to blow his first Save would be tough to swallow.  Hopefully they get on a roll on this homestand and when Davis does blow his first save--which will happen at some point-- that it'll be when they're 10 over and in first place.  I know the thought of "getting a blown save out of the way" is irrational, but so is investing our emotion in contests over. which we have no control so here we are.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on May 17, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Such a waste.

I did have the thought, last night, that choosing any time on this homestand for Davis to blow his first Save would be tough to swallow.  Hopefully they get on a roll on this homestand and when Davis does blow his first save--which will happen at some point-- that it'll be when they're 10 over and in first place.  I know the thought of "getting a blown save out of the way" is irrational, but so is investing our emotion in contests over. which we have no control so here we are.

Yeah he has to blow one eventually but I mean, it might just be one, and it might be months from now. The dude has an era of 1.09 going back to 2014. That's over 200 fucking games. Insane.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

Such a waste.

Yeah he has to blow one eventually but I mean, it might just be one, and it might be months from now. The dude has an era of 1.09 going back to 2014. That's over 200 fucking games. Insane.

I'm okay with more than one so long as they happen after they've righted the ship.  Again--this not remotely rational-- but I'm concerned that he's been lights out while they've struggled as a team.  Had he contributed to their meh start I wouldn't be having these stupid thoughts.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on May 17, 2017, 10:06:30 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

Such a waste.

I'm okay with more than one so long as they happen after they've righted the ship.  Again--this not remotely rational-- but I'm concerned that he's been lights out while they've struggled as a team.  Had he contributed to their meh start I wouldn't be having these stupid thoughts.

You'd just have other ones.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
Eddie Butler is the bullpen's best friend.  He represents full-time employment for them.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2017, 01:42:30 PM
Eddie Davis is the bullpen's best friend.  He represents full-time employment for them.

That inning was brutal but this is his second start, his first he threw six scoreless. Let's give him a few before we throw him into Brett Anderson's firebarn.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2017, 01:43:54 PM
Eddie Davis is the bullpen's best friend.  He represents full-time employment for them.

That inning was brutal but this is his second start, his first he threw six scoreless. Let's give him a few before we throw him into Brett Anderson's firebarn.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »

With his control you can trade him for Darvish so he can actually be Walker: Texas Ranger.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 19, 2017, 03:17:11 PM

With his control you can trade him for Darvish so he can actually be Walker: Texas Ranger.

:|
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?